I don't even know who Ricardo Willalobo is

- open
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

element.8 wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:WOW, holy sht, he got a full time job!?!?!? Damn, and a family, AND making techno music... WOW, I'm amazed !!!! It's crazy he has time to eat !!

i forgot to add "dodging gunfire" and "making sure you still have a job" in to those things... :roll:
I'm teasing you and you know it, but seriously, it's a bad thing to come up with... that he has a full time job... many of us in here has, while we at the same time have children, family, labels, dj careers, producing music AND... and I tell you AND are on the internet too ;)

I think it can be hard to understand that some people, maybe, still live under a rock... and that maybe is because it as well as you write could just be a simple pr move from him to be like that... who knows.
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

patrick bateman wrote:I'm teasing you and you know it, but seriously, it's a bad thing to come up with... that he has a full time job... many of us in here has, while we at the same time have children, family, labels, dj careers, producing music AND... and I tell you AND are on the internet too ;)

I think it can be hard to understand that some people, maybe, still live under a rock... and that maybe is because it as well as you write could just be a simple pr move from him to be like that... who knows.
judging from his character and this interview, the internet, what other people are doing, or scouring for music are three of the lowest things on his "things to do today" list.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
petekay
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by petekay »

Unless you’ve been to Detroit, you will never understand the realities of that city.

I totally get where he's coming from.
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

petekay wrote:Unless you’ve been to Detroit, you will never understand the realities of that city.

I totally get where he's coming from.
even just spending a weekend in detroit (and NOT during demf - that's not a good representation of the city) will open your eyes, and i'm pretty sure you'll see where omar is coming from.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

of course he knows who ricardo is...

talking sh!t is a way of promotion that has proved to be efficient since forever. eminem, jay haze.... you name it :lol:
grace anxiety
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by grace anxiety »

element.8 wrote:
grace anxiety wrote:as a producer he should know who villalobos is as hes probably one of the best in the game. speaks his mind fair enough i just ant see past his arrogance tho
call me crazy, but do you think a guy like omar, working a full time, assembly line job in detroit, with a family and kids, trolls the internet for dumb sht like youtube vidoes of villalobos, prowls resident advisor, or dicks around on message boards in between punching the clock, eating, sleeping, and making some music?

probably not...

ur crazy.lol not really. but come on hes bound to have heard of him, he probably has and isnt letting on. i dont really give a sh!t tbh anyway. tho i wonder if ricardo has heard of omar s because i read in an interview he only goes on the internet to check his emails and thats it.

all publicity anyway. illmake my mind up when i give the cd a listen.
aut.t.n
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by aut.t.n »

Shadi Megallaa wrote:I can definately relate to what Omar is saying, you guys need to keep in mind that everyone lives in the world they have been a part of. The way he talks, has nothing to do with his attitude, it comes from where he has lived.. In Detroit and even in the US, putting a fck between every 2 fucks is kinda somewhat fcking normal :D As far as not knowing who Wilallobo is, he's got a job that supports his music and i guess hes busy with that, and hes trying to do his own thing.. he'd probably rather do his own music than surf the web all day and see who is doing what.. I don't know, but just saying. and so what if he doesnt know who Ricardo is.. anyway.. just thought id share some thoughts.. personally i don't love all his music but i definately respect it, and his tune day has grown on me.. simple house groove, but really cool use of the Supremes sample.. u can never go wrong with Motown :!:
hm, that were exactly my thoughts when I read the interview and discussion here. I can imagine that it's just like that... no ''style'' no ''attitude'' no ''pr'', maybe a little? who knows.... and i do not see the offense in what he is saying anyway. i wonder why some people are getting so loud here.... may that be the typical europe vs detroit defense mechanism? or just some hurt souls because there's someone ignoring their idols they do so much identify with?
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

what is so hard to believe that a producer hasn't heard of Willalobo? Seriously?! Not everyone sits on the net only to live and breathe minimal techno. Villalobos may be a deity among all the mnml fan boys and Cocoon fanatics, but his music is still niche within niche. I'm willing to bet that Omar S never heard of Resident Advisor before he did the interview either. A lot of people have better sh!t to do than sit around look at mnml techno things on the net.