music production and health

- ask away
S
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S »

maxeinsoul wrote:I think it's because weed has it's meditating effect, it lets some "empty place" in your mind,away from reality, where you can feel your music, create... But the best feeling is when you manage to create that "hole" without weed... I wouldn't be able to explain the scientific reasons of all this, but it's just like cables plugged in your brain, that weed unplug...
say what!

:lol:
zentex
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by zentex »

i used to smoke tons of hash the whole day long, while sitting at my studio producing. and of course i had all these wonderful ideas and the music was laways nice and ...hardly ever finished a track.
then about 5 years ago i decided to try out this strange thing of not smoking dope while working at the studio. all of a sudden a lot of music was getting done and the sound quality improved 100%, plus i found out having even more ideas than while smoking. haven't smoked ever since at the studio.

but i still do smoke dope like a chimney when out clubbing.....
alexx.wolfe
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by alexx.wolfe »

I've got to show this zentex's experience with hash to a lot of friends :lol:
http://www.myspace.com/alexxwolfe

http://www.myspace.com/suigenerizrecords

IF YOU WANT TO RECEIVE FREE SONGS AND UPDATED NEWSLETTER FROM OUR RECORD LABEL, JUST GO TO OUR MYSPACE PAGE AND SUBSCRIBE TO OR NEWSLETTER
luminous
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by luminous »

zentex wrote: then about 5 years ago i decided to try out this strange thing of not smoking dope while working at the studio.

:lol:
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

i dont have these problems, i treat all drugs like alcohol etc. with respect, and use as mild stimulation or relaxant to keep me focussed in the studio.

what i find more likely to have an adverse effect on my music making and health is the internet !! its a constant distraction, checking emails, social networking, forums, its more addictive than most drugs, and can leave me feeling uncomfortable if i feel i've been misunderstood, or pissed someone off unintentionally.
so on that note i'm switching off my PC for the rest of the day,
bye geezers :)
Mick
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Mick »

Interesting topic!

im sat infront of a computer for 8 hours a day at work in an office and normally an hour or so before work then a few hours producing in the evenings.

Dont really get any problems, I smoke roughly 15-20 per day and drink on weekends but I also play football once a week and work out three times a week. Also make sure i eat healthily.

Think aslong as you get a good balance of excersie and decent food then you should be fine!
fraza
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by fraza »

I think balance is key. I do 1.5 hours of working out a day, drink coffee, drink lots of water, eat very healthy, do probably 4 hours of homework, few hours of class, productions later at night. The only times of day I am not listening to music are when I am sleeping and in class. Other than that it's a non-stop rave or chill out session minus a few break.
lcvl
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by lcvl »

unfortunately working out in itself is not a warranty of good health.
actually, seeing the way most people work out at the gym, often it's the best way to aggravate all the health propblems related to sitting in front of a pc for too many hours.
Dubby music & free samples http://leocavallo.bandcamp.com