fck BEATPORT...

- open
Android
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Android »

vinyl

especially vinyl only labels...

especially limited pressing vinyl only labels...
Vian
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: fck BEATPORT...

Post by Vian »

pheek wrote:
livecollective wrote: It would just be nice to have an outlet for the more abstract music out there. The weird sht that isnt going to chart because its not for the big room.
That's what i try to do with my label...
id just like to take this opportunity to say that i fcking love the releases you're putting out, i literally only discovered your label a couple of weeks ago, but my god, iv heard some of the most interesting and in many respects forward thinking stuff iv heard in aaages. I certainly didnt doscover you on beatport - i discovered you because someone mentioned you in this forum and THEN i was able to hear the stuff on beatport... i've used beatport for a couple of years now and haven't ever stumbled upon archipel and i dont think i would have without someone else saying something (and major thanks to them and to you)

i guess im not really making a point am i, but i do hear all the voices in this thread who are saying that its difficult for the more experimental stuff like the stuff on your label to get heard, especially when somewhere like beatport is dominated by the charts and big new releases from the same names. anyway. im still pretty ignorant compared to most of you guys so i shall continue to read this forum with more interest than most other forums in the hope that i might discover something else as cool, and im sure im more likely to make great discoveries here than on beatport
infernal.techno
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: fck BEATPORT...

Post by infernal.techno »

livecollective wrote:It would just be nice to have an outlet for the more abstract music out there. The weird sht that isnt going to chart because its not for the big room.
what about that 100% salsa house mix you made for me, made purely of top 100 beatport tracks?

:lol:
- matt
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

Android wrote:vinyl

especially vinyl only labels...

especially limited pressing vinyl only labels...
purist
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

patrick bateman wrote:
livecollective wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:
livecollective wrote: Their business plan is to SHOVE as much music down your throat as possible while retaining little to no knowledge of half the music they sell.
Where can this be found/read?

Wow you caught me, I have no idea what their business plan is in reality. Do you?

This is just the way I see it, and not once did I ever give the impression that I was right and they were wrong, just voicing my opinion.
Okay, but if you know what kind of music/labels/artists you like, then why don't you just search for them on Beatport and ignore the crappy stuff the site offers?

Good point, but my point was there is so much music that I don't know of, that a place like beatport isnt exactly great for discovering new things.

It is very good once you know a label though, I will say that.

infernal.techno wrote:
livecollective wrote:It would just be nice to have an outlet for the more abstract music out there. The weird sht that isnt going to chart because its not for the big room.
what about that 100% salsa house mix you made for me, made purely of top 100 beatport tracks?

:lol:
hahahahaha :lol:
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

livecollective wrote:
patrick bateman wrote: Okay, but if you know what kind of music/labels/artists you like, then why don't you just search for them on Beatport and ignore the crappy stuff the site offers?
Good point, but my point was there is so much music that I don't know of, that a place like beatport isnt exactly great for discovering new things.

It is very good once you know a label though, I will say that.
But if you know some labels/artists, then you look for them, and you can then see what other customers bought and so on, and through that explore....

But why are we even trying. You hate it, I like it... :P
Evad
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Evad »

i only buy at beatport and discovered some real deep and obscure stuff that noone ever heard of.

the interface i also love. it makes it very easy to search or click through on a certain name or label.

so it's not that i listen to the cheezy pseudo-minimal of these days. the artists i like are e.g. mike parker, donato dozzy, peter van hoesen, samuli kemppi etc. i can find them all over there!

every day i listen to every new release in the section house, tech-house, minimal and techno. it takes me some time, but i love to listen, i love to discover, i love to love.

and the price? it's ok. i don't find i too expensive.

the only record i really really really wanted and that isn't available on beatport, is the new/first aquaplano. so i bought it on vinyl and ripped it to wav.

i don't understand all the haters. if you love music, you love to dig for the real gems. ok there's lots of crap on the site, but that's just a matter of taste. who are we to judge that?
sorgenkind
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sorgenkind »

the rants against beatport are useless
beatport went big because people made it big
by mass-buying thru it
so blame the people first
beatport only reflects how people get the music nowadays
only charted tracks and quick. I remember my friend djs travelling
3 hours with car to reach the nearest vinyl shop and listen new release for hours.. now it's just a couple of clicks away, not that emotional.
What I don't get is how can people judge if music is cool by listening to this poor "underwater hihats" prewiev... these fucking underwater mp3 are killing me.