so obama won....

- open
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

I have been celebrating for damn near 24 hours almost!

Its nice that the EU is opening trade renegotiations already.
miroslav
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miroslav »

I'm here in the USA. I've watched everyone around me go apeshit, as if Barack Obama had cured aids just by winning the election. I'm happy that Bush is gone, but truth is that I don't feel like celebrating too much just yet.

So far, Obama has talked a great game and run a good campaign...but talk is cheap. We are in a hell of a dire situation here in the US, and it's going to get worse before it gets better. The economy will worsen going into 2009, and the federal deficit is alread ballooning to record levels. Obama will be significantly limited in how he can implement all of his promised programs under these circumstanced without raising taxes.

Now it's time for action - and fast. The stakes are as high as they've ever been since the Great Depression. We know what Obama has promised, but we really don't know what he will end up doing or how well it will work, because we really don't have much historical data to suggest how well he will work. We're taking a big gamble, and hopefully it will pay off... but I'm going to reserve my euphoria until I see the results.
Harrison
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Harrison »

im pleased obama won, the republicans are idiots...
Dj Eriktronik
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

yes we can!

Post by Dj Eriktronik »

Its a demostration of intelligence and democracy the nomination of the president Obama:he's young,Democratic(really democratic)he rapresent the people 'cause he's true,he's a human not like the others....now i'll hope that he can lead cleverly The Amazing United States of America.
We Europeans have to learn.... :D
Just Tronik!!
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

miroslav wrote:I'm here in the USA. I've watched everyone around me go apeshit, as if Barack Obama had cured aids just by winning the election. I'm happy that Bush is gone, but truth is that I don't feel like celebrating too much just yet.

So far, Obama has talked a great game and run a good campaign...but talk is cheap. We are in a hell of a dire situation here in the US, and it's going to get worse before it gets better. The economy will worsen going into 2009, and the federal deficit is alread ballooning to record levels. Obama will be significantly limited in how he can implement all of his promised programs under these circumstanced without raising taxes.

Now it's time for action - and fast. The stakes are as high as they've ever been since the Great Depression. We know what Obama has promised, but we really don't know what he will end up doing or how well it will work, because we really don't have much historical data to suggest how well he will work. We're taking a big gamble, and hopefully it will pay off... but I'm going to reserve my euphoria until I see t
he results.
Agreed. People think that all their problems will be solved at the flick of Obama's finger.. Your comment about the coming economic crisis was also confirmed in an interview with Biden and Powell, both talked of a major international crisis in beginning 2009. Scary sh!t if you ask me.
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

Celltek wrote:
miroslav wrote:I'm here in the USA. I've watched everyone around me go apeshit, as if Barack Obama had cured aids just by winning the election. I'm happy that Bush is gone, but truth is that I don't feel like celebrating too much just yet.

Now it's time for action - and fast. The stakes are as high as they've ever been since the Great Depression. We know what Obama has promised, but we really don't know what he will end up doing or how well it will work, because we really don't have much historical data to suggest how well he will work. We're taking a big gamble, and hopefully it will pay off... but I'm going to reserve my euphoria until I see t
he results.
Agreed. People think that all their problems will be solved at the flick of Obama's finger.. Your comment about the coming economic crisis was also confirmed in an interview with Biden and Powell, both talked of a major international crisis in beginning 2009. Scary sht if you ask me.
To be honest, I don't think any intelligent citizen believes that all our problems will be solved with a flick of Obama's finger.

I am just happy this country proved not to be as dumb as I thought it was.

One step at a time, we are dealing with complete fools.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

livecollective wrote: One step at a time, we are dealing with complete fools.
We have just as many dumbasses on this side of the ocean :)
JackNine
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JackNine »

hotpace wrote:C'mon though, thats hardly the most important thing in the world is it?
A Rave Bill!

There's slightly more important things to to be thinking about than that! I mean, if Dubya made it easy for raves to happen, but was still the grade A tit he is, would you be happy with him!?

Some perspective is needed here I feel!
It's hardly important in the broad scope of things, I agree. I mentioned Biden's connection to the Rave act it because it applies to the interests of this board directly. It shows you how silly Biden is, and how everyone is capable of making a dumb move. Don't think for one second that Obama is somehow immune to being a dumbass.

Like miroslav said, this excitement from Obama winning is something I just don't have yet. I mean really, what has he done? Absolutely nothing yet. And he has no experience or track record to speak of. Winning an election is great, but making things better for the people, that's what being a leader is all about.

Prove it to me over the next four years and I'll be on your side. Until then, you're just another crooked politician seeking power.