DjMAG Top 100 2008 The Results

- open
LouisVee
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by LouisVee »

minimim wrote:
hotpace wrote:
Krul wrote:who ARE these people that listen to trance...?

seriously...
I don't know even ONE person that likes trance (and before you ask, yes I have lots of friends :p) so why the hell do these trancejocks keep dominating the charts?
Children.

17 & 18 year olds just getting into the scene, getting their first decks, going out for the first time to a club, going to Ibiza for the first time, buying Mixmag, Dj Mag and the likes. Thats who.
I agree and I'm an exemple. I started listenning to trance at 16 or 17 until 19 years old, and then ive listen to house and then techno today (I'm 23).

Well, in my opinion, trance was WAY better back in the days, around 96-2002.

But yeah... who is still listenning to trance??!! Even a lot of member of tranceaddict.com listen to house or techno since 2003-04-05!
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

If Tiesto can get 40.000 people to come on the Friday and 40.000 people to come on the Saturday, in the same city, 2 days in a row, then I guess trancey stuff is still very very popular!
boudo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by boudo »

Trance is not my cup of tea at all. But i still think there is too much elitism going on here. So we listen to rhytmic, atonal nonsense and we love it, they listen to big fat melodic beat and they love it. That's what it's all about.
BeatBoxBaby
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by BeatBoxBaby »

boudo wrote:Trance is not my cup of tea at all. But i still think there is too much elitism going on here. So we listen to rhytmic, atonal nonsense and we love it, they listen to big fat melodic beat and they love it. That's what it's all about.

Yes. What we listen to is way much deeper, more underground... and we're also much less in number! The elitism thing is okay anyway when it comes to music discussion! :D
...:::I Looove this Place:::...