The American Scene

- open
trak660
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by trak660 »

robitaille wrote:There is alot of talent based in indianapolis: Shiva, Adam Jay, and Ben Wu for instance.
Yeah, I did exaggerate a little bit about the distances one must travel from my town to hear good techno.

Before she lived in Indianapolis, DJ Shiva grew up in Evansville. She was our first all-techno DJ back in 1992. 8)
Before that, it was just a few hip hop DJs who played some house every now-and-then.
dz_nuts
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dz_nuts »

our "scene" out here in LA is healthy. Underground & Mainstream, the techno movement seems to keep movin forward...thank god! whereas i feel the house scene is a little stagnet, over saturated but nothing innovative or new is happening, i guess in a way its dependable? Also im loving dnb crews evolving towards dub-step & still doing weeklies/oneoffs bringing talent local & international. But all in all every "scene" has been doing part by keeping the dream alive out here whether it be at clubs, warehouses, roof tops, backyards, beaches, deserts, bedrooms, parking lots, & in yo face!

just in the last couple months weve had:

dapayk
cesare vs disorder
steve bug
paco osuna
alexi delano
joe mull / adam beyer
jay haze
pan pot
ame/dixon
jamie jones
magda
dilo n gurtz
lee curtiss

and a bunch im probably forgetting, but you get the idea not to mention the native producers that live out here that constantly play like mikael & apendics...
only thing im not down with is parties of the same "genre" of music on one night. Coming from a party planner perspective i think we need to make a more conscience effort to work together then against. also upholding a standard providing the artists & listeners with quality sound systems...and cheap dranks!
you had me at bLOOp...
dilo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dilo »

i have to say i had great experiences in USA in my first tour recently. people are great.
special mention for: los angeles, nyc, detroit.
kimmo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by kimmo »

I'm coming to the States on February for a couple of months.. and I'm staying in New York and Philadelphia, but I'm also planning to spend some time in California as well.

So, is there anything nice happening in NY or Philly? How about Los Angeles or San Francisco?

Thanks!
petekay
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by petekay »

trak660 wrote:I live in Indiana. The only city in my state that still cares about good electronic music is probably Ft. Wayne, but it's a long drive from Evansville, where I reside. :( I attended Second Saturday up there once last year when my friend was spinning, and it reminded me so much of how my local scene used to be, before it went downhill.

There are a couple of "rave" promoter in my town, but I don 't consider pop music loops played off of a computer to be techno. :lol:

By the way, I am a house/techno DJ of 12 years. I have everything for a small event but lights. If anyone in the Midwest is interested, my system fits in a station wagon. I'm going crazy from not getting to spin as much as I used to, so if you are into good music, let's do something! :D

my myspace address is:
http://www.myspace.com/djtonysolo
This is the easiest way to contact me right now.
we have a techno party monthly in nashville. we have stewart walker next month. check the events section for more info..
trak660
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by trak660 »

petekay wrote:
we have a techno party monthly in nashville. we have stewart walker next month. check the events section for more info..
looks good! :)
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

kimmo wrote:I'm coming to the States on February for a couple of months.. and I'm staying in New York and Philadelphia, but I'm also planning to spend some time in California as well.

So, is there anything nice happening in NY or Philly? How about Los Angeles or San Francisco?

Thanks!

Yeah man, one of the biggest nights in the country is in SF [Kontrol], LA has a good underground scene (droid represents hard)

Obviously you have tons of sh!t going on in NY, I would hit up the bunker back room on fridays if I was in NY...

I have been to a few parties in philly, but nothing as good as the other cities.

Definately come check out Cali, lots of great underground events happening.