[TSULTRA] Yann Tiersen & Jay Haze - Comptine d'un autre

- wax
nathan_fr
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nathan_fr »

I don't like Yann Tiersen at all (supermarket music in my opinion) but the the remix is really cool.

Great job.
Phreax
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Phreax »

I had to listen it a couple of times before i started to like it.
Now, it sounds nice!
nice job tbh
sLz
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sLz »

I think that pieces as that of tiersen should not be remixed, it's like if Jon gaiser rmx thriller from Micheal Jackson.. This track is magical, keep living magic..
Ingemar
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ingemar »

i don't understand what people mean that the original shouldn't be touched. I mean sure I understand that you can have a special emotional bond with a track, I've got it with heaps, but how can that justify that noone is allowed to 'go near it'? If they have the authors permission then go for it, since the original version always will remain they can't exactly do any damage (more than stepping on some people's toes :roll: ) so just ignore the new take on it and stick to what you like.

well but the on the other hand if Rianna would start doing Depeche Mode songs I would...

booh for conservatism anyway
re.vise
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by re.vise »

nathan_fr wrote:I don't like Yann Tiersen at all (supermarket music in my opinion)
Really? Wow! I've never heard that before..
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

re.vise wrote:
nathan_fr wrote:I don't like Yann Tiersen at all (supermarket music in my opinion)
supermakets in france tend to be a lot more trendy then elsewhere ;)
crashkurs_assembler
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by crashkurs_assembler »

everything sounds "better" in a club..
nathan_fr
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nathan_fr »

PsyTox wrote:
re.vise wrote:
supermakets in france tend to be a lot more trendy then elsewhere ;)
I meant, Yann Tiersen is a pianist as David Guetta is doing techno.

Of course, his music is easy to be listen by everyone, but just take a look of Chopin's stuff for example, and you'll figure out how this sucks.

And you'll say "Chopin's music is too old, it's cool there is new producer bla bla", and actually there are. Listen to Philip Glass' stuff for exemple, you'll see how Yann Tiersen's stuff seems empty.

Anyway, I said this is "supermarket music", because of course it sounds really good at first sight when you have no musical background, such as people who enjoy David Guetta's stuff, because it's very well produced beside they got no techno background.

To be honest, maybe Yann Tiersen's work is good (even if I don't like it, but this is my own taste), but this is undoubtly overrated.

But as I said before, Jay Haze's record is a really good one ;)

(P.S. sorry for my bad english).