Worlds largest record collection

- open
JackNine
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JackNine »

element.8 wrote:it never occurred to you that maybe not many people in the world can a) buy b) move c) store and d) deal with that many records?

if you had three million laying around, would you buy it? and if so, tell me where, how, and when you'd move it and properly store it?
I think you're misunderstanding me dude. I'm saying there's no way in hell I'd ever buy this, move it, or attempt to store it. A$50 million appraisal being offered for $3 million? And no serious collector has even thought about it yet? That's a huge frickin' red flag to me.

"If it looks too good to be true, it usually is."
Red Kite wrote:Amazing how ignorant people can be. This is a historical archive, not a discount item. That's totally beyond any market idea.
Anyone offering something for sale on the "open market" is doing precisely that. I don't understand what you're making fun of here. If you're somehow (ridiculously) suggesting his concept of filling up a warehouse full of records is "beyond any market idea" -- which is hilarious in its own right -- then why the hell doesn't he just donate it to a museum/archive and skip all the tomfoolery? Win/win.

And Red Kite, I stand by all my comments and would say exactly the same in person so I know I'm seeing straight here. He's the one whining to the world about his "disappointment with society in not recognizing the importance of vinyl" and his "dedication to music" or "life's work."

His collection is sht not because I listened to every record he has, no. It's sht because anything appraised at $50 million, offered for $3 million and -NOT- selling is the precise meaning of the word, sht.

Show me a house professionally appraised for $50 million offered for $3 million (in any country) on the open market... show me a car collection... a coin collection... a historical artifact collection... an art collection... an "anything" collection with an actual historical value for either a collector OR the public with this kind of differential. Supply and demand dictates that if it were truly worth the appraisal price, it would sell. The sorry truth is that this guy's collection isn't even worth the $3 mill or someone WOULD have snapped it up by now.

The open market is an interesting thing, isn't it?
markenstien
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by markenstien »

You must really hate old men that collect records alot!

Especially the ones who are willing to sell a collection they own thats worth $50 million for only $3 million, what an absolute arse hole!

Woe betide a man that would do such a thing, he should expect to be slated on forums for doing such a terrible thing!

Have you ever thought that the reason he is selling it for 3 million is that he knows there is no one out there who will spend $50 mill on a record collection? I dont think he's trying to con anyone here, no red flags should be raised! And perhaps the reason he isnt giving it away is the same reason you wouldnt give away $50 million when you could make some money to leave for you family when you pass away.

All I see here is a nice old man with an amazing collection. Why so much hatred?

:P
nierika
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nierika »

markenstien wrote:All I see here is a nice old man with an amazing collection. Why so much hatred? :P
Vinyl jealousy.