i'm fed up... i beg you...

- ask away
STML
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by STML »

Just about anything classed as minimal on beatport.
Krogsæter
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Krogsæter »

oh and @ re.vise: youre doing something i presume you love, in a way you dont like? it sounds kinda weird when you think about it.... its like having a nice tasty snickers, and then shove it upp your ass. ...but hey, some people like that too :roll:
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

S.D.L wrote: I think Pheek is a to much of nice guy, because if I were him I would stand you corrected, in a not so nice way!
SDL, thanks for your intervention but revise and i swapped a few messages in PM about this thread. All is cool ;)
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

What sound is it that everyone is on about anyways?

I wouldn't know, not been into this music for long.
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

AK wrote:What sound is it that everyone is on about anyways?

I wouldn't know, not been into this music for long.
It also hasnt changed for a long time ;)
Rochey
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rochey »

In terms of originality we are the generation that have grown up listening to dance music all or lives. I can't think of a time when I havn't, so the main influence on my music is dance music this makes making it sound original harder. If you've grown up listening to somthing else then get introduced to dance music when you make it you still have the influences from your past. I grew up listening to Kevin Saunderson, DJ Sy, Joey Beltram, DJ Seduction, Judge Jules, Carl Cox, Armand Van Helden & Ferry Corsten.

Kick Hat Snare Hat is all I know...
Here for a Good Time, Not a Long Time!

http://www.louchemusic.com
mrgreynoise

Re: i'm fed up... i beg you...

Post by mrgreynoise »

pheek wrote:PLEASE to anyone producing and sending demos... Please PLEASE PLEASE, I beg you, STOP making that shuffling sine click/ rim / conga, arpeggiated or equivalent à la minus.
I do not know this sound. Could you please give me a few track references so that I can go check it out? Thanks.
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

I think it's funny when producers try and follow these formulas. I really dont know too many label owners that are looking for tracks that all sound the same. And how fun could it be to make the same sh!t over and over?
My tracks may not be top selling but at least I can say I never tried to fit a specific sound that wasnt something I came up with. Im not saying my tracks are all original and great by any means but I never try and follow someone elses pattern. Thats why I end up making so many different genres. I just start putting sounds down and it turns into whatever it is meant to be. Then I try to find a label that it might fit to.

If music is your only income and your making sh!t just for the sales then I say your not much about the music and more about your paycheck. Thats like comparing a structural welder who does it for a living to a metal sculpture artist who welds whatever he pleases because he enjoys it.

Itll change sooner or later. Djs and fans just gotta get sick of it and stop buying it. Popular fads always pass and all the hack producers that are trying to get famous will go wherever the cool new thing is. Seems to be taking it's sweet time with minimal music though.,