Good 808 drum machine alternatives?

- ask away
viva hate
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by viva hate »

clubfoot wrote:Always amazes me how many people say they have a machinedrum - you can buy a car for less than one of those things.
I absolutely love my MachineDrum. Why would I want to have a car instead? Makes no sense to me.
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

viva hate wrote:I absolutely love my MachineDrum. Why would I want to have a car instead? Makes no sense to me.

because it might have a cup holder.

make sense now?
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

viva hate wrote:
AK wrote:Thanks for all the suggestions. :D

Also, does anyone know where I might be able to get a sample of this 'trigger impulse' thing?
I just recorded the CP trig out from my 808. I want 50% of the royalites of course, hehe

http://www.repeatle.com/mnml/808trig.wav
Cheers mate, thanks for that. :D

There's no way anybody ever made a kick from the sound though but I know where it has been used. It's that 'flicky' thing on a lot of Electro tracks isn't it.

Thanks again.
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

AK wrote:
viva hate wrote:
AK wrote:There's no way anybody ever made a kick from the sound though but I know where it has been used. It's that 'flicky' thing on a lot of Electro tracks isn't it.

Thanks again.
that's the one
db2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by db2 »

Anyone tried/have any feedback on Abletons 808 Drum machine instrument?
Rochey
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rochey »

Here for a Good Time, Not a Long Time!

http://www.louchemusic.com
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

db2 wrote:Anyone tried/have any feedback on Abletons 808 Drum machine instrument?
What's that then?

I investigated this and it doesn't exist. Were you getting confused with something else?
db2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by db2 »

AK wrote:
db2 wrote:Anyone tried/have any feedback on Abletons 808 Drum machine instrument?
What's that then?

I investigated this and it doesn't exist. Were you getting confused with something else?
http://www.ableton.com/drum-machines

They have several drum machine sample packs that are multisampled and laid out in instrument racks with standard controls. I got mine with the suite and have just started playing around with it, but so far is muy authentic sounding! The thing about the 808 is that it seems to have its own internal timing jitters and parameter bleed over that give it quite a distinctive sound. Still, for a sample pack with an interface for the sounds, this is not half bad. I'll say more after I test it some more.