Sherburne's manifesto

- open
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

G3rard wrote:Exactly if you care so much about your music, how hard is it to burn a CD of the original WAV file and send it to a selection your favourite labels.
i guess its not hard, but why would you walk when you can ride a bike?
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

Celltek wrote:
G3rard wrote:Exactly if you care so much about your music, how hard is it to burn a CD of the original WAV file and send it to a selection your favourite labels.
I'm not sure why we need to cover this story all over once more. But i'll resume it to this...

Loads of people are complaining they're not getting attention or replies from labels or artists. There's several things behind this issue and the 2 majors one are quite obvious:

1. it is very easy to reach people you want to reach. So, we get flooded with stuff. How the hell can you go through everything? If you want some attention, you better do things differently or personalised. You should get some attention then.

2. People underestimate the power of communication. I personnally take a moment to listen to something if the person took the time to get in touch. Otherwise I believe this person sent his demo to 1000 labels, not properlly scanning which ones are appropriate. It makes me lose my time.

I hope this clears out this point. It sort of sums up why people are fed up of bad promo on Myspace.
gillsans
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by gillsans »

Well said Pheek, I agree completely with your first point. With so much visual and mental clutter today including emails, blogs, websites, music, records, spam, noise, traffic. sh!t gets really overwhelming and the only way to stand out in that is to offer something unique, well planned and of a higher quality.

I think people feel tired of all the constant and overwhelming bombardment and its time to take a break and recharge. The same can be said for music over the past 5 years or whenever, with so much change happening with technology, the pace of the internet, myspace, beatport, and so on, its so hard to keep up.

I think People need a break.
Keepin' the beats deep in the groove bunker
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

pheek wrote:
Celltek wrote:
I'm not sure why we need to cover this story all over once more. But i'll resume it to this...

Loads of people are complaining they're not getting attention or replies from labels or artists. There's several things behind this issue and the 2 majors one are quite obvious:

1. it is very easy to reach people you want to reach. So, we get flooded with stuff. How the hell can you go through everything? If you want some attention, you better do things differently or personalised. You should get some attention then.

2. People underestimate the power of communication. I personnally take a moment to listen to something if the person took the time to get in touch. Otherwise I believe this person sent his demo to 1000 labels, not properlly scanning which ones are appropriate. It makes me lose my time.

I hope this clears out this point. It sort of sums up why people are fed up of bad promo on Myspace.
JP, you wrote a short blog entry some time ago about how to send demos's, which was a good guidance to 19 y/o boys from Italy..... :lol:
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

I just wrote something from my experience and used some common sense. It's not much in the end. I dont know why but it seems like people are not taking it seriously but some who did, had some records out afterwards.
I received a few thankful mails about it which made me happy.
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

pheek wrote:I just wrote something from my experience and used some common sense. It's not much in the end. I dont know why but it seems like people are not taking it seriously but some who did, had some records out afterwards.
I received a few thankful mails about it which made me happy.
the problem is that apparently a lot of these young demoists simply don't read.

i'm getting myspace messages "new track on my player"... while i mention on my profile not to send me any of these messages and still i get them. i mention on the Aesthetik profile that we're stopping the label and still i get demo messages. you tell them to send demos only by e-mail and you get them by myspace. and so on...

somehow myspace is causing some kind of visual impairment or they don't know one single word of english.
gillsans
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by gillsans »

The design of Myspace is part of the problem I'm sure.
Keepin' the beats deep in the groove bunker
Der geile Ami
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Der geile Ami »

gillsans wrote:The design of Myspace is part of the problem I'm sure.
no way, jsut lazy people
freeeeeee