sexuality and making electronic music

- ask away
loki
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by loki »

:D
ano.phi wrote:Beer, titties and techno. That's what i always say.
I think at most techno clubs I've ever been to its more like beer-titties and techno.

There never seem to be many women, and those there have boobs no bigger than the men :(

I would love a list of clubs that play techno AND have lots of hot women there
I don't believe anything
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

Evad Streaklov wrote:because then you can start a topic about every little thing in which we differ.
anyway, you guys go ahead :)
I find it interesting that you or others see no link or relation between sex/sexuality/sexual energy/sensuality and music.

They have EVERYTHING to do with each other. They share a common "space" .

I channel much sexual energy in making music...
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

loki wrote::D
ano.phi wrote:Beer, titties and techno. That's what i always say.
I think at most techno clubs I've ever been to its more like beer-titties and techno.

There never seem to be many women, and those there have boobs no bigger than the men :(

I would love a list of clubs that play techno AND have lots of hot women there
ha ha, come to the freerotation festival, last year there was more women there than men. our memebership is 60% female.
djshiva
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by djshiva »

i have to point out that of COURSE a person's sexuality can influence their music, just like the shitty day they had, or their experiences travelling, or a breakup, or the death of a loved one...i mean, if music is an expression, then your thoughts, emotions, and experiences are bound to be tapped into.

what i find fairly ridiculous is the assumption that there could be a "gay" sound. i mean, yes, i acknowledge the campier aspects of music, but seriously...really camp stuff is INTENTIONALLY over the top. but to assume that everyone who is gay is going to inject a little gloria gaynor or pointer sisters into their music is actually pretty ignorant.

i will ask this question of the original poster: ask your friend if he can tell someone is straight by listening to them. in this case, percentages do work in his favor, but he is still full of sh*t if he says yes.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

next time i get the chance to sit around and listen to music with my mate i'll do a gay or straight listening test if you want me to. He is a pretty weird guy but i don't think it was some silly comment or an insult to the music. He really likes heartthob.
djshiva
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by djshiva »

tone-def wrote:next time i get the chance to sit around and listen to music with my mate i'll do a gay or straight listening test if you want me to. He is a pretty weird guy but i don't think it was some silly comment or an insult to the music. He really likes heartthob.
i just think it's funny. as if "gayness" is comprised of some monolithic sameness across the board. oh wait, i forgot. all straight people are exactly alike. nevermind.

;)
Evad
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Evad »

thom wrote:
I find it interesting that you or others see no link or relation between sex/sexuality/sexual energy/sensuality and music.

They have EVERYTHING to do with each other. They share a common "space" .

I channel much sexual energy in making music...
i think you misunderstood me. of course someones thoughts/interests (e.g. sexuality) have an influence. life in general has an influence.
but i don't understand why it's necessary to make a topic about it.
it is what it is and i asume everyone knows that someones thoughts and feelings reflect in a certain way in his creative outputs.
heartthrob is said to be gay. i like his music. does that make me gay? ;)
anyway i can't tell he's gay by only listening to his music.
what i can tell is that certain tracks are very sexual.
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

[quote="Evad Streaklov"]
but i don't understand why it's necessary to make a topic about it.
quote]

its useful to out the homophobes. :)

honestly this topic confuses me, because yeah some tracks sounds sexual, but who is the object of them, and if its man/man, man/woman, woman/woman, its still the same sort of thing in terms of feelings.

also, when a producer is gay, its funny that some people will assume the music has primarily sexual qualities, like the producers homosexuality is his main port of call.