Seriously.. the weather?

- open
Short loops
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Short loops »

^^^ is that all that page says? doens't really explain much in depth.
Music created under this genre can range from melodic beautiful harmonies with a prominent bass line, to glitchy, unstructured, disjointed sounds which are unified to create an organised new track.

www.myspace.com/shortloopsmusic
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Seriously.. the weather?

Post by thom »

Marcus Stork wrote:flowers that usally starts to show in mid march has allready been groving for a couple of weeks.
Oh fck. Not good at all.

I fear the day something like this will happen here... trees burgeoning in february then freezing back two weeks later for a month... that would be disastrous. Ouch... the mental picture hurts.
Marcus Stork
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Seriously.. the weather?

Post by Marcus Stork »

thom wrote:
Marcus Stork wrote:flowers that usally starts to show in mid march has allready been groving for a couple of weeks.
Oh fck. Not good at all.

I fear the day something like this will happen here... trees burgeoning in february then freezing back two weeks later for a month... that would be disastrous. Ouch... the mental picture hurts.
I guess your "in land" climate is more stabil and normaly have much bigger differences in temperature, so you dont notice it that much as we do here in Scandinavia for example.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

Short loops wrote:^^^ is that all that page says? doens't really explain much in depth.
it's a recap of a 4 hour audio show... (coast to coast)

I found it on soul seek... still trying to get....
Marcus Stork
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Marcus Stork »

Officially it's declares spring here now by SMHI, the Swedish Metrological and Hydrological Institute.. Great!
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

Today is clear and sunny in amsterdam, 5 degrees this morning and it could be wel over 10 by lunch.
danbolton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by danbolton »

i agree, we do need to stop being so wasteful, and yes we almost certainly have contributed to speeding up this natural cycle, but i dont believe we have caused it entirely. it is possible to detect 'abnormalities' in weather and climate and its easy to attribute this to global warming, even if they might be completely unrelated, but its easy to find evidence of anything if you want to. im not saying the climate is not changing, as it surely is, and im not saying we shouldnt act at all, as we certainly should, even just for want of cleaner air, and preservation of fuel, but i think people are over-reacting slightly. i think global warming is a brilliant political instrument, political parties can play it up, create histeria, and then use it to gain votes and support by offering the best preventative measures etc. dont not act at all, but at the same time dont get suckered in by all the hype around global warming, which should, in my opinion, be taken with a pinch of salt.
Short loops
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Short loops »

danbolton wrote:i agree, we do need to stop being so wasteful, and yes we almost certainly have contributed to speeding up this natural cycle, but i dont believe we have caused it entirely. it is possible to detect 'abnormalities' in weather and climate and its easy to attribute this to global warming, even if they might be completely unrelated, but its easy to find evidence of anything if you want to. im not saying the climate is not changing, as it surely is, and im not saying we shouldnt act at all, as we certainly should, even just for want of cleaner air, and preservation of fuel, but i think people are over-reacting slightly. i think global warming is a brilliant political instrument, political parties can play it up, create histeria, and then use it to gain votes and support by offering the best preventative measures etc. dont not act at all, but at the same time dont get suckered in by all the hype around global warming, which should, in my opinion, be taken with a pinch of salt.

well said. thats exactly my views on it.
Music created under this genre can range from melodic beautiful harmonies with a prominent bass line, to glitchy, unstructured, disjointed sounds which are unified to create an organised new track.

www.myspace.com/shortloopsmusic