chemicals and producing music

- ask away
theory
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by theory »

[quote]btw another point: somehow when out playing - we never seem to get smashed. Despite the fact we drink lots - other people notice this too? seem to 'zone out' and end up somewhere where the alcohol has little effect... we play a monthly gig in a local bar/club where we do 4.5/5 hour set - we drink non stop.. normally i would be hammered - but after the set - we're both with it.. is this due to concentrating on the music instead of the drinking? anyone else notice this?[/quote]

same thing whit me :)

i start to feel the alcohol after the set when i go down from the stage, but i like also to smoke weed when i playing and also take a line of speed before playing, it gives me the power and inspiration, i use to play on 3 deck and I need a lot of concentration, and many time when i play is like im alone whit my decks,and no one is around me...
jaco
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jaco »

i use and i used chemicals. but they mostly helped me to understand an get closer to the kind of music i listen and i make...
it happened to me a lot of time to make music on weed, speed or in afterhour...
but basically i just set the idea of the song or the frame of it...
personally i feel more satisfy finishing up a song just with my energy...
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE »

I love smoking green so much, but i never seem to be happy with anything i produce while high...

Most of my production sessions are spent stoned outa my face trying to synth a decent snare or kick drum or equivelent stupidly simple sound....

Maybe i should stop... Maybe i will stop.....
scratch baker
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by scratch baker »

MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE wrote:I love smoking green so much, but i never seem to be happy with anything i produce while high...

Most of my production sessions are spent stoned outa my face trying to synth a decent snare or kick drum or equivelent stupidly simple sound....

Maybe i should stop... Maybe i will stop.....
Do you mix tobacco with your green.
only sages and madmen can be joyous for no reason at all .
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

its got to be chilean red wine !!!
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE »

Do you mix tobacco with your green.[/quote]

Yeh man, id like to give that up to......
ano.phi
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ano.phi »

I don't dabble in drugs anymore. I feel like alot of my past experiences have really opened my eyes and ears in ways that nothing else could have, but the last time i remember writing music was on ecstasy back when i uh... *cough* was writing drum and bass... *sniff*. That didn't really turn out so well.

Now, however, the single highlight of my life is working on techno with a cold imperial stout in my hand, dancing around my living room with that beer in my hand and the sun beating in through the balcony. Mm...

It really just doesn't get any better, does it?
www.myspace.com/anosound
www.myspace.com/phisound

communikey.us/festival - Boulder Electronic Music Festival April '08
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

theory wrote:
btw another point: somehow when out playing - we never seem to get smashed. Despite the fact we drink lots - other people notice this too? seem to 'zone out' and end up somewhere where the alcohol has little effect... we play a monthly gig in a local bar/club where we do 4.5/5 hour set - we drink non stop.. normally i would be hammered - but after the set - we're both with it.. is this due to concentrating on the music instead of the drinking? anyone else notice this?
same thing whit me :)

i start to feel the alcohol after the set when i go down from the stage, but i like also to smoke weed when i playing and also take a line of speed before playing, it gives me the power and inspiration, i use to play on 3 deck and I need a lot of concentration, and many time when i play is like im alone whit my decks,and no one is around me...
I drink beer while mixing. In an hour set Ill drink about fifteen beers and not feel a thing....until I stop mixing. Then I realize am fucking wasted.