Artists moving to Germany to better their art

- open
jpls
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jpls »

minimal house wrote: If there are no guns, then your at the mercy of your govt.
hmmmmm...well now, we are at the mercy of our government.
guns or not, there is not much people in the US can do to prevent
unfavorable action by the government.

i guess if even a small percentage of americans could organize together
then things might change. but, the grand majority of americans are too
comfortable to give up their way of life.
Jesse Somfay
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Jesse Somfay »

Back on topic *cough*...

The world is full of many different cultures, lifestyles, arts, etc. That is how things are and will always be. There is no single place which will help anyone improve their art. That is only something the artist can do for his/herself. It is as simple as that.
isa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by isa »

yeah.. we are getting to much off topic I guess, and I am responsible for that too. I think that this shouldn't be a europe vs america fight.
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

Jesse Somfay wrote:Back on topic *cough*...

The world is full of many different cultures, lifestyles, arts, etc. That is how things are and will always be. There is no single place which will help anyone improve their art. That is only something the artist can do for his/herself. It is as simple as that.
Amen, thank goodness Jesse is around. :lol:

Sorry if i got carried away, this is an interesting topic and was just trying to keep a friendly debate.
isa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by isa »

minimal house wrote: Sorry if i got carried away, this is an interesting topic and was just trying to keep a friendly debate.
i got carried too... :oops:
zzebbirt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by zzebbirt »

Jesse Somfay wrote:Back on topic *cough*...

no single place maybe but an atmosphere can definately help improve.......

Just been to Berlin for a week, and it's amazing how much oppurtunity/room for creativity there is. There are initiatives everywhere. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that there is actual physical space for it. There's a lot of offices/ wharehouse/ houses and what not that are empty and just standing there waiting for nothing. If you compare that to Amsterdam, where they are tearing everything down to replace it with appartments and offices it's sooooooooooooooooooo much different. You just can't ignore the creative buzz that's going on in Berlin.

Besides the space there's a lot of funding oppurtunity in germany for arts......

So I disagree that's it just up to the artist.......

It's all about the oppurtunities.
isa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by isa »

zzebbirt wrote:
So I disagree that's it just up to the artist.......

yes, if you don't have the spaces and the oportunities to showcase your work and get in touch with other artists there is a big chance you are not going to make things work out.
Jesse Somfay
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Jesse Somfay »

zzebbirt wrote: So I disagree that's it just up to the artist.......

I live in a really small and quaint sort of artsy town in the middle of Southern Ontario with no EMD culture at all and look where I am ;) Proof that you don't need to live in a city full of EDM culture to succeed. It may be different for some people, but all I need to keep me going is myself and plenty of sunny mornings.