THOR!the new synth of reason is pro for minimal sound?

- ask away
deRoland
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by deRoland »

Robot Criminal wrote:if u rewire the synths(I guess not using the reason mixer) to some other host, then it'll use the host's sound engine.
only for the summing i reckon? i find this strange because digital summing can't be that different (i guess). especially if you don't go in the reds, or very low.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

victorgonzales wrote:
So I guess for a beginner it might be better not to have options if they are to learn how a synth works.
options like more synths to choose from or knobs to twiddle? i think 90's were really grateful to artists because most of them couldn't afford to buy 5 or more synths in one swoop. imagine you bought your first sequencer or a synth..man, i would spend days and months learning his insides untill i perfect my skill with it and then probably buy a new one afterwards. but now, everything is taken for granted, even creativity, so no wonder the music sucks. it's a plague with a bunch of people having a zillion soft synths and no clue how to use them. sorry for my rant, it's just one of those days when i'm deeply dissapointed with dance music.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

plaster wrote:
victorgonzales wrote:
So I guess for a beginner it might be better not to have options if they are to learn how a synth works.
options like more synths to choose from or knobs to twiddle? i think 90's were really grateful to artists because most of them couldn't afford to buy 5 or more synths in one swoop. imagine you bought your first sequencer or a synth..man, i would spend days and months learning his insides untill i perfect my skill with it and then probably buy a new one afterwards. but now, everything is taken for granted, even creativity, so no wonder the music sucks. it's a plague with a bunch of people having a zillion soft synths and no clue how to use them. sorry for my rant, it's just one of those days when i'm deeply dissapointed with dance music.
I agree with you there. If people took the time to learn how their synths worked there wouldn't be so many "How Do I Make (enter noise here)" posts.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

victorgonzales wrote: If people took the time to learn how their synths worked there wouldn't be so many "How Do I Make (enter noise here)" posts.

hah, nice one! :D
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

victorgonzales wrote: (enter noise here)
*cough* Analog Kick *cough*
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

with sidechain compression.