minilogue analog kick...

- ask away
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

s.k. wrote:i would love to see someone invent an analogue audio-editor though :lol:
tape and glue ;)

musique concrète
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
532nm
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by 532nm »

Robot Criminal wrote:
s.k. wrote:i would love to see someone invent an analogue audio-editor though :lol:
tape and glue ;)

musique concrète
lol...you're right though.
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

s.k. wrote:
steevio wrote:like someone else said, if you really want to have a minilogue kick, then sample one.
despite my respect for steevio, i cant agree here. do not do this if you at least plan to send your track as a demo. things have changed, it aint what it used to be. nowadays alot of artists are famous because of their kick synthesis. if you sample a contemporary kick like that, you will have to do some serious masking, and will either spoil it, or will not be able to have it sound clean, like you want it to. it has become pretty much an artist's signature.

number two, why are you so sure that these kind of kicks are analogue? just because it sounds mild and harmonic to your ears? kick like this are better done in the digital domain, because of the serious amount of combining synthesis methods needed. another story is where the waveforms come from - that could, and most probably is analogue hardware.
i agree too.
it was me who said the sampling thing and i meant it literally, as if he wants the exact minilogue he should sample it or spend time making his own.

anyways, "invest" time in creating your own signature sound, have confidence, believe in your sounds and everything will work out!
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

Robot Criminal you are right i beg for pardon :) tape and glue is indeed an analogue audio editor. now imagine minilogue sitting in the studio all day cutting and splicing millimeter pieces of tape to make a kick - "damn i gotta buy sharper scissors..." but you're right though, a thing like this exists :D