mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

i want to laugh too.
:lol:
Storlon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Storlon »

heuu, am i the only one who use the wonderfull Zebra II for bass and many many other things ?
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

s.k. wrote:
hydrogen wrote:
s.k. wrote: its called phase beating, and you dont wanna get rid of it, for its the key to strong basslines.
Actually I get this problem a lot... I've resampled the parts that have the strongest points and loop those. Sometimes a bassline will totally kill itself and that sucks.
you dont loop it. you mix one waveform with another, so where the first one has valleys, the second one has peaks. ok thats enough secret giveaway. :lol:

edit: maybe more when im on drugs the next time :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
you've got to be kidding me... how are you supposed to do this on your synth? So you saying to go in and offset your bass manually afterwards?
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
532nm
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by 532nm »

hydrogen wrote:
s.k. wrote:
hydrogen wrote:
s.k. wrote: its called phase beating, and you dont wanna get rid of it, for its the key to strong basslines.
Actually I get this problem a lot... I've resampled the parts that have the strongest points and loop those. Sometimes a bassline will totally kill itself and that sucks.
you dont loop it. you mix one waveform with another, so where the first one has valleys, the second one has peaks. ok thats enough secret giveaway. :lol:

edit: maybe more when im on drugs the next time :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
you've got to be kidding me... how are you supposed to do this on your synth? So you saying to go in and offset your bass manually afterwards?
really
jessejames
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jessejames »

I'm assuming he's recording everything to audio and then chopping up the bits.
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

---
Last edited by s.k. on Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
ksandvik
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ksandvik »

Storlon wrote:heuu, am i the only one who use the wonderfull Zebra II for bass and many many other things ?
There's always at least one Zebra 2 running in my productions. --Kent
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

s.k. wrote:btw, except for 'this is interesting' and 'you gotta be kidding', a 'thankyou for the info' would be nice too..
Thanks, but honestly this doesn't really help too much. You didn't talk about any specific technique but only high level concept of adjusting your phase beating. Therefore I was confused and inquired more about it. I apologize if I appeared as rude.
s.k. wrote:as jesse here said, you cannot do it in a synth alone, you have to use an editing program so you can see where the beatings occur and mix accordigly. moreso, you have to learn to create the beatings using different intervals mixed at dfferent ratios. the waveform is your best analyzer.
I'm still not seeing the advantages of finding the optimal points of the bass line and just looping that? Especially if your bass is like 1 bar or 1/2 bar length

Are you suggesting to create a couple different bass waveforms with different phasing then mixing them all together with tons of envelope controls to get the most premium effect?

This concept is absolutely just blowing my mind and existing reality... thank you.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest