How to stay up to date with new minimal & techno release

- open
diefenwald
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by diefenwald »

sorry, :-D but i´m searching always longer than i playing my vinyls ....
soapz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by soapz »

Zinthek wrote:
I totally get what you mean.
I spent hours and hours looking for hidden gems.
For me, its all about the individual musical journey. Searching for music with soul and finding tracks that trigger emotions in new ways! DJing is mearly the stop off points in which you get to show everybody what you have discovered upto this point! :D
miroslav
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miroslav »

Zinthek wrote:
diefenwald wrote:sometimes i like searching more than active djing....:-D
I totally get what you mean.
I spent hours and hours looking for hidden gems.
Absolutely. And this is a big part of why I still love vinyl more than digital... A large part of the magic of discovery to me was always enhanced by actually going to the place, catching up on news with the staff, digging through the crates, admiring all the record covers... It's not as fun when I'm sitting at the computer going through a bunch of mp3s (even if it is more practical today).
dsat wrote:i simply don't stay up to date with the latest minimal releases
cuz 90% is crap... it's too damn frustrating to make up my mind on what minimal to buy... i'm tired of sterile releases

i want soul and personality in releases, this is what i'm shopping for now
regardless of genre
Word. I fell into the rut earlier when I was younger and more naive of talking myself into "having" to buy all this stuff because it was NEW and cool and all hyped up... and then I found myself with a bunch of stuff on my hands that I just didn't feel very excited about. Really stupid.

I've learned over time that finding the right release that really excites me is actually quite rare. A lot of my earlier purchases was my "mind" getting in the way of my "feelings".
Rochey
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rochey »

yeah record shopping is better then mp3 shopping, but DJing with Serato is better then DJing with vinyl (just my opinion), I spend more time checking tunes then I do mixing aswell, I suppose that's the work side of it & performing is the play side of it...
Here for a Good Time, Not a Long Time!

http://www.louchemusic.com
aut.t.n
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by aut.t.n »

miroslav wrote: Word. I fell into the rut earlier when I was younger and more naive of talking myself into "having" to buy all this stuff because it was NEW and cool and all hyped up... and then I found myself with a bunch of stuff on my hands that I just didn't feel very excited about. Really stupid.

I've learned over time that finding the right release that really excites me is actually quite rare. A lot of my earlier purchases was my "mind" getting in the way of my "feelings".
word again. sometimes it's so difficult to stop this stupid brain....