Music overdose

- open
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

your mixes speak quite good for themselves. goodness wise.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
pizzamon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pizzamon »

HHHMMMM,

To be honest I was expecting you guys to trash me for that, but it had to come out, it had been repressed too long. Maybe there is more than meets my eye here.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

there are a few of us who respect the same ideals as you do. you can't imagine how i miss 90's electronic scene. deep inside i know it will emerge again. everything operates in cycles.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
pizzamon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pizzamon »

plaster wrote:there are a few of us who respect the same ideals as you do. you can't imagine how i miss 90's electronic scene. deep inside i know it will emerge again. everything operates in cycles.
Wow, this is so true. You've seen it time and again I'm sure. Young people get bored and take it back to their roots. Hole up in their bedrooms and studios, toying with new concepts. The seeds are sown and then a new technology comes along that brings life to it like a Sahara rain. music begins to flower from all sorts of unknown places. I'm waiting for that rain brother.
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

i listen to everything I can... no matter what... If I can hear maybe 20 seconds I can know if I like something...if its on the fence I listen longer.. If I really like I listen all the way... Sometimes I listen to something for 2 seconds and I move on. I don't pay attention to the artists until I sort through my itunes... and what I find is that it seems a lot of the same ones keep poping up... Net labels I look for those that do good marketing or have a catchy name or do something different.. established names always but I like to check out the new ones... minimalnet is great... I like to click as much as I can for a few hours once a week... maybe I end up with 30 tracks sometimes free... some off beatport, or one of those... some net label stuff... why not... thats how the hot djs end up with the hot sh!t... they listen to everything.. from a disc a kid hands them at some show to a link they were sent on myspace... even if just for a few seconds..
Narcisse2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Narcisse2 »

This thread is a recurring situation among many DJs.

In the 80s, it was hard to find good music, cause there wasnt much music at all being released

Now, we are flooded with music, and its even harder to find good music.

I filter through labels I like, Discogs.com can be a pretty good tool to help you find coming releases and organising your collection.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

I listened to all the new releases this week on juno.co.uk and i only picked 3 records that did something for me.
isa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by isa »

plaster wrote:you can't imagine how i miss 90's electronic scene
i miss it aswell...

(sorry to be an archeologist :P )