How many people...

- ask away
milc
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by milc »

BOKAL RECORDS wrote:for example james holdens fee went from 2004 till 2006 from 750 euro to 5000 euro,
holden is paid 5000 euros?!!! and still wearing that iron maden t-shirts??!!
some kids make me scared.....
BOKAL RECORDS
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by BOKAL RECORDS »

MarcAshken wrote:james is an exeption though mate, he's massive, the guy is at least £1500 a set, throws border community parties all over the world, he's a superstar. Its a totally different ballgame to the one the rest of us are playing.
i agree, but he had to start somewhere...ofcours he is an extreme example, but then again he is also extremely talented...

i'm just saying its still possible to make a living out of music even if you are more underground or whatever... but you're gonna have to work your ass of for it, nobody is gonna give it to you, saying that we all missed the boat is just to negative!

btw marc completely off topic, keep up the good work!!!
milc
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by milc »

who is the most expensive?
just curious..

holden? hawtin? oakenfold? mills?

i like competition!!!

:lol:
BOKAL RECORDS
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by BOKAL RECORDS »

milc wrote:who is the most expensive?
just curious..

holden? hawtin? oakenfold? mills?

i like competition!!!

:lol:
it depends also a bit were they are playing, prices seem to change akkording to the club or festival they play at, some people who they worked with in the passed and have good relation with get better conditions then others

holden +- 5000 , richie +-8000 , jeff +-10000 paul i dont have a clue,

but like i said, price vary a lot from place to place and organiser to organiser
MarcAshken
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MarcAshken »

lol, thats what i was tryin to say, holden is an extreem example :)
Thanks m8, glad you like my music :)
x
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

ofcours i can, a few years ago he was trying as hard to get where he is now, just like a ton of others here on the forum.
A few years ago he was making music with Sasha. James Holden has been big for ages, just not in the minimal scene.
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

BOKAL RECORDS wrote:
MarcAshken wrote:james is an exeption though mate, he's massive, the guy is at least £1500 a set, throws border community parties all over the world, he's a superstar. Its a totally different ballgame to the one the rest of us are playing.
i agree, but he had to start somewhere...ofcours he is an extreme example, but then again he is also extremely talented...

i'm just saying its still possible to make a living out of music even if you are more underground or whatever... but you're gonna have to work your ass of for it, nobody is gonna give it to you, saying that we all missed the boat is just to negative!

btw marc completely off topic, keep up the good work!!!
I wasn't being negative. There are still ways to make it but being a phenominal producer and DJ is NOT enough. You have too spend all your time marketing yourself and now that everyone is doing that so easilly the pieces of the pie are getting smaller and smaller.
MarcAshken
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MarcAshken »

amen to that, either be a mrketin whore or make music that sounds identical to whats big at the time. Seems pointless if it doesnt represent who you are as a person though.
x