looking for good earphones...

- open
Sneaky
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Sneaky »

No I meant my Sony's finally ripped apart, and I was looking into the Sennheisers
Monotek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Monotek »

yesterday i bought beyerdynamic dt 770 pro and they are great for now..

i dont know how they are for djing but for studio just great
riskee
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by riskee »

Sneaky wrote:Anyone tried the Sennheiser HD 280 PRO?
i have them... worked fine for me so far. i've had them for about 2 years.
Fonque
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Fonque »

I don't like headphones that are too expensive... I tend to fck them up or forget them after my best sets ;)

...a.t.m. I've got "Stanton DJ PRO 2000" - exchangeable cable, this is the most important thing about em.
"What is underground? Dig a fucking hole and stick your head in it."

http://www.myspace.com/mrfonk

"yeah, vinyl is real! all these cd's and downloads are bullshit, they aint real."
Leighton Ashcroft
codecks
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by codecks »

having used the mdr7506 and hd25-1 I can tell both headphones are top quality. mdr7506 has a very powerful low-end response (a little disturbing for production at first , but so nice for listening). the hd25-1 has a "tighter" and flatter sound. hd25-1 comes on your ear, mdr7506 over your ear (if they aren't to big :) ) Personally i prefer to have my ears all covered by the headphones as with the mdr7506, but the hd25-1 is comfortable too. I used them both for mixing and producing, never had any problems, tough the mdr7506 is not as flexible as the hd25-1. (for dj's that like to put and remove the headphones when they are mixing).
But like always, just as with monitors, the best is to test at the store and make it out for yourself.
minimal my ass !
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

codecks wrote:having used the mdr7506 and hd25-1 I can tell both headphones are top quality. mdr7506 has a very powerful low-end response (a little disturbing for production at first , but so nice for listening). the hd25-1 has a "tighter" and flatter sound. hd25-1 comes on your ear, mdr7506 over your ear (if they aren't to big :) ) Personally i prefer to have my ears all covered by the headphones as with the mdr7506, but the hd25-1 is comfortable too. I used them both for mixing and producing, never had any problems, tough the mdr7506 is not as flexible as the hd25-1. (for dj's that like to put and remove the headphones when they are mixing).
But like always, just as with monitors, the best is to test at the store and make it out for yourself.
Probably the best written comment in this thread, and I agree 100%
(though I'm a bit more for the 7506's) :wink:
hugo idle
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by hugo idle »

I JUST replaced my Sony MDR-V500 to Sennheiser HD25-II.
Extremly happy :oops: :D
Sneaky
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Sneaky »

I decided on the Ultrasone DJ1 headphones and wow im extremely pleased, great sound quality, very comfortable and they bend in all the right places. Plus I made a best offer on Ebay and got em for 100 bucks :)