Jay Haze interview on RA

- open
mkoy
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mkoy »

well i can say from experience that jay has certainly had a past shrouded in controversy...ive known him since he was 17! i housed him when he was homeless then lived with him for a year and a half. whether the controversy was worthy is up to ones opionion really...personally i think peopl often think they know the truth when they really have no fucking idea!
mkoy
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mkoy »

does anyone agree with this minimal hype thing?...i think it people may have a different opinion if they live in someplace like berlin.
harold_f
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harold_f »

Good point, Barem.

Even though he makes some valid points and amuses some , it might completely turn others off from his music.
primevil
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by primevil »

harold_f wrote:Good point, Barem.

Even though he makes some valid points and amuses some , it might completely turn others off from his music.
to be honest i really agree with barem and in an ideal world thats the right way to look at it, but we dont live in an ideal world, and i dont think this will turn many people off, i think that in the media driven society of today, any publicity is good publicity...i think this will work in his favour, but only time will tell i suppose
Matt du Jardin
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Matt du Jardin »

I find it quite refreshing to read an interview like that once in a while. You don't get many interviews that provoke reams of replies on various message boards. Fair play to him for talking his mind, it certainly made for enjoyable reading :lol: I'm sure the beers will be on him the next time he meets the Minus crew and anyone else he dissed for that matter :wink:
mkoy
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mkoy »

primevil wrote:
harold_f wrote:
but i think the most important thing is the music...i think its adolescent to not like someone's music because you disagree and or are turned of by their charachter...the music is most important!

bigger than any one producer or any one opinion.
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

I think he's a bit arrogant and most of his music sucks, but I'm 100% supportive on his attitude and outlook expressed in this interview. It's only natural for mnml.nl to flip out over this interview since there are so many dedicated m-nus fans on here. He likes m-nus too. He just doesn't support what they stand for. He's entitled to his opinion and thankfully he's not afraid to express it. There's a time when it's just about the music and there's a time when you have to take a minute and be real, Haze isn't afraid to do that. Everybody else keeps their mouths shut in hopes of playing @ Berghain or DC10 one day.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

not sure why all the fuss about this particular interview . . I felt he was well spoken and told his story - good read / interview..

I have more respect for jay after reading that interview so that was a good interview for him (in my opinion)

it was not minus bashing of any sort.. and ... troy pierce is 38 ... hot digity... I hope I make it as well..

not a whole lot of arrogance either as expected from reading some of the other post. I think jay is jay.. always will be many sides to things with different perspectives...

I think some things said are truth ... (his) truth.. (he) is entitled to that... it's an interview it's (suppose) to give perspective..

I thought RA attempts at certain sentances in large text was an invisible vindictive cheapshot to draw attention to negative things..

thats their marketing I suppose....

Edit:

(WHY) they would use that to project negative energy forward is case in point why I never went to that site in the first place..
Last edited by John Clees on Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.