Unreleased music being shared - politics

- wax
Der geile Ami
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Der geile Ami »

If labels feel that giving out their tracks prerelease burns out their market potential, they can always scale back their promos. somebody bootlegging a track is another story and probably cannot be stopped. adapt or not.
freeeeeee
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

bring back vinyl as a solid standard. problem (and loads more) solved.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

s.k. wrote:bring back vinyl as a solid standard. problem (and loads more) solved.
How would it solve the problem? You know it's pretty easy to copy a vinyl to mp3 right?
beepee
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by beepee »

s.k. wrote:bring back vinyl as a solid standard. problem (and loads more) solved.

wow.
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

i thought it was pretty obvious what i meant...

in my opinion the real problem arises not so much from sharing the mp3's via p2p or ripping the vinyls. it comes from people that play the ripped stuff 'live' in their 'dj sets'.

concerning mp3 sharing, the number of people getting unreleased stuff on p2p networks is not that big so it could stop a label from actually releasing the record. its the playing in many dj sets (and anouncing the track names in tracklists) that actually gives the idea the track is dated. blatant self-promotion of dj-sets with tracklists included, so that ppl could see how 'ahead' is the given 'dj'.

thats just the way i see it.
betzy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by betzy »

s.k. wrote: concerning mp3 sharing, the number of people getting unreleased stuff on p2p networks is not that big so it could stop a label from actually releasing the record.
unfortunately was already happened :cry:
hi2uplz
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by hi2uplz »

stop giving out your tunes to people you barely know... or music journalists who write reviews for a website no one visits, when i get unreleased stuff from p2p i always ending up buying it from beatport/kompakt when its out , why? because 9 times out of 10 the quality is shitty/unmastered/not final/etc etc..

also just out of curiosity i wonder how much giving out your tunes to everyone helps your sales? i certainly dont buy tunes based on the fact its getting support from richie or whoever.. i buy whatever sounds good to me, no matter if every dj is playing it or no one is playing it...
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

hi2uplz wrote:also just out of curiosity i wonder how much giving out your tunes to everyone helps your sales? i certainly dont buy tunes based on the fact its getting support from richie or whoever.. i buy whatever sounds good to me, no matter if every dj is playing it or no one is playing it...
For the music interested this is true, but for the big masses this is not true. The big masses really look at dj charts, listens to dj sets, listens to dj's in the club and such, that's my experince of this...