8)

don't want the crowd to fall asleep out there :twisted:
N - Jay
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by N - Jay »

2x Synq XTRM
Vestax PCV - 275
Every day an half hour. Or my parents get mad.

Depends on track how I will mix it in or out. And if the transition is long or short.
If I have a monotonous track with a phat beat, it will soon start to get boring! So I mix in a track with a phat melody so it fills the gap and keeps it going. But when the 1st track stops & and I have to mix out, the mix gets boring again... So, I need a 3rd deck or a Soundbite to keep the beat going and mix in a new track. Or something like that...

I like to cut the bass of the playing track, move the fader up of the new track and play the low tone. So you can feel the new bassline flowing in.

Audio Werner - Zwravitisomething Drive has a cool bassline!

I could talk endless about mixing.
fl0w
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by fl0w »

N - Jay wrote:I could talk endless about mixing.
that's cool because i've suggested someone should start a FAQ 8)
:.: : :: : :.: .:. :.
Red Kite
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Red Kite »

For me it's 3 decks (mk5/m5g) and a djm600.

I can't recommend Pioneer mixers 'cause they break so easily. But I highly do recommend mixing on three decks! It let's you create an incredible flow in your sets, once you got used to it. It's really good for long transitions (you can match the third track while the other two are still playing together and mix it in before you have to take out the first one) as well as fast cut-ups (works much better with three tracks than with two). I like doing both; depends on the tracks I'm playing.

Actually I won't go for digital mixing as long as possible. Vinyl is the real thing for me, and as long as there's still so much good music out there on vinyl I don't have to bother. Later on I might be thinking about DJing with Traktor or Ableton (or both?) but I'M definately not going for Serato/Final Scratch. It actually only makes sense for vinyl DJs who go digital - kind of a transitional media. The new DJ generation will grow up completely digital and they won't have any use for vinyl-simulation. They will wonder why the old guys still simulate vinyl when they could be really digital. I think you are already accepting being a dinosaur when you play on Serato. Then at least I want to be a real dinosaur and play real vinyl as long as possible, instead of becoming a simulated dinosaur. :D

Please don't feel offended, Serato guys, it's just my personal point of view!
pantycontrol
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pantycontrol »

<---real dinosaur
"that sounds like a dog fart a hand clap"
bshosa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by bshosa »

just love the vinyl feeling, that's why picking up traktor scratch, carrying records is way to heavy, esp. when u love playing afterhours :D but never wanna lose the ultimate touch of vinyl
Shadi Megallaa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shadi Megallaa »

HEEEEY RED KITTYYY!!! Next time u diss Serato im gonna have to kick yo asss 7 ways from Sunday..

Ths simulated T-Rex uses SERATO scratch, thats right i said it, what u gona do about it kitty? Love the feeling of playing records, and im always playing music by my friends that i get as mp3s so it makes more sense for me to use serato.. I still buy and collect records ofcourse.. But as long as the music is good i dont care what format its in, unless its in the sh!t/bird poo format, in which case ill pass.. the music cant be THAAAAAAAAAT good..

aaaaand, thats it really.. oh and i like long walks on the beach and eating smaller simulated Dinosaurs.. peace :twisted:
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

atm only vinyl :p

maybe ill get fs/serato/ni traktorscratch after the summer (would be nice to play all those digital releases i've bought as well once), but as other have stated, vinyl is the main thing for me at the moment (and if im going to change, it's over to vinyl simulation :D).
can't really imagine playing pure digital.. the thought creeps me out :?