Which person, Dj, or Act turned you into a mnml fan?

- open
uritotti
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by uritotti »

Akufen - Fabric 17
c_wong
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by c_wong »

skept wrote:
c_wong wrote:this topic reminded me to listen so some old stuff!although i have been doung that lately (for some weird reason more and more)
glad to hear it! a conversation i always try to start with people (especially other djs) is about how i hate that people treat dance music like it is disposable.

how many killer records are sitting in my stacks that i have listened to maybe 5 times at the most only pushing them back because i had to get that hot new sht?
like hamsters! they always stack... again... and again! like me :D
some of this "classic" are getting more appreciation as i musically grow.(don't forget idm :D )
Rich
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rich »

Hawtin - DE9 Closer to the Edit.

I loved the first DE9, but it was much more techno. This mix blew my mind...
skept
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by skept »

Rich wrote:Hawtin - DE9 Closer to the Edit.

I loved the first DE9, but it was much more techno. This mix blew my mind...
agreed 100%. i wish transitions would have lived up to what decks efx and 909 and closer to the edit did. i am sure some of you disagree and feel that it did. it was a good mix but pales in comparison to the previous two.
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

Yeah... there's a 2-3 minute stretch (aroud track 7 or 9 I think) that is INSANE... it's the highpoint for me.

I remember having my sis hear that section and she was all like "what?... it's just boom-tst-boom-tst...". That broke my heart. She couldn't hear the funk...
czan
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by czan »

i've begun with listening to electronic music very late (2003).. in this time i've tried many kinds of electronic music. begun with house, shortly after heavy (and partly deep) techno. at the age of 17 it were the first times that i went at techno & house clubs (i was 17). in my ambience were funky and electro house the most popular kinds of electronic music. i liked it, too but it haven't influenced me. at the beginning the biggest influences were sets of alland byallo, mathew dear and john tejada. i never heared about the term "minimal" concerning music. so i didn't really know what i listen to?! i always thought it called techhouse..

i don't know nothing about the movement of electronic music before 2003. but i'm upfront with all!

names like richie hawtin or ricardo villalobos haven't inspired me much, to tell the truth i only know some releases of them, that's it.. maybe i should read more about them.. should i?

now i am 20 years old and mix since 2005/03.

so, big thanks to producers like akufen, alex under, jay haze, matthew dear, the prodigy etc... i think thats partly the reason because i keep up the love for electronic music. :)
dubiana
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dubiana »

We had very active group of djs in Bulgaria named Metropolis - DJ Steven, Dj Smurf on the top - they v invited a lot of minimal artists here. I was touched to the heard of this kind of music saying the truth ,there was no age limits in the big hall parties,i was rockin all night long with Grand Dell,Marco Carola,Josh Wink,Sven Vath,Adam Bayer... crazy years..
that was the end of the last century for me ... than i start ti ask about labels like tresor and kompakt ... than hawtin, than fehlman, brinkmann....next clicks and cuts, akufen etc.
now maybe german mnml music for first ..
Last edited by dubiana on Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cloud Catcher
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Cloud Catcher »

Dj Coco, whos resident in Nitsa Barcelona.