Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

pizzamon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pizzamon »

O.K. I just read this entire thread, and there is something I gotta' say. I think there is another thread about snobs that fits this nicely. I thought the point of all this was to promote minimal music in culture. Instead of busting on the guy, lets try educating. You are going to have to find a way to deal with more people becoming interested in the culture if you plan on promoting it. I think the worst are the guys trying to make a living of the concept of minimal music, who encourage people to dance to it, who then crack jokes at a guy who likes what he is doing. You can't have it both ways. You can either promote more minimal culture in the mainstream, or you can try to kill it off. So, which is going to be?
Cotumo
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Cotumo »

If you feel minimal you can dance to it!
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

Cotumo wrote:If you feel minimal you can dance to it!
Hallelujah :)
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

pizzamon wrote:O.K. I just read this entire thread, and there is something I gotta' say. I think there is another thread about snobs that fits this nicely. I thought the point of all this was to promote minimal music in culture. Instead of busting on the guy, lets try educating. You are going to have to find a way to deal with more people becoming interested in the culture if you plan on promoting it. I think the worst are the guys trying to make a living of the concept of minimal music, who encourage people to dance to it, who then crack jokes at a guy who likes what he is doing. You can't have it both ways. You can either promote more minimal culture in the mainstream, or you can try to kill it off. So, which is going to be?
well said.
pizzamon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pizzamon »

Well, maybe a little harsh. But, anybody involved with the early days of det. and chitown, as you all claim to be (and I have my doubts), knows it was about "inclusively" not "exclusivity". It was about accepting all those that felt "outside" society's mainstream, and saving themselves from the poverty and racism they felt trapped in, while taking an army of friends with them.
daniel lyons
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by daniel lyons »

Celltek wrote:I once saw a guy at a mnml party, buzzing off his tits while dancing like the guy in this next video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYQ8Ia0lHiw
amazing - this guy is so fucked !! he´s standing inside the same square meter thru the whole day ...
Carsten Jensen
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Dancing Minimal...

Post by Carsten Jensen »

XSO wrote:Hello guys, I am new in the minimal world. I have to say that at first I found it a little bit slow and boring, but now after a few parties and a lot of candiflippin, I really kind of like it.

The thing that made me change my mind was going to clubs where people could really dance. Its really hard to copycat'em!

I would like to know if you know or have some advice for learning some dancing tips, or maybe a HOWTO would be great...

This saturday I went to a Yoshihiro Hanno party, here in Santiago de Chile. Was pretty neat...

That's it for now.

Thx...

Nicolas

I suggest you do a big fat line of Ketamine. That should do the trick.