Are you a Music-Pirate??

- open
plusplus
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by plusplus »

Coog wrote:Only pirates I know are the people behind my Visa card!
and this guy --> maddox.xmission.com
menos160
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by menos160 »

mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

Arrgh
Storlon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Storlon »

CC netlabels or wax here :wink:
minimim
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by minimim »

hmmmmmmm ...

(un)fortunately i belong to first generation of my country that supports dance music. Living in a country that was closed ( even in terms of culture ) for several years, listening to good music was quite a challenge.
Remember my father bringing music tapes from France hidding them well very close to his member ( you know what I mean ).

In my country there are no record shop with music I like. We didn't have in our history a LP shop ( maybe in the 40's we did ). Still is very difficult to have a credit card.

Now that I'm thinking we don't even have laws to protect copyrights. I work in a company that is a Dell Computers dealer for Albania. We've been selling computers for 6 years to our government and public institutions. I'm 100% sure that the PC of our prime is running an illegal copy of Windows.

Yes . I do download illegal stuff.

Movies for my own pleasure.

Music to play to people that have no idea who Sven Vath is. And they do shake their asses anyway.

I fully respect the artists. But I respect more my people. :)
It's ridiculous how hard we try.
Storlon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Storlon »

I fully respect the artists. But I respect more my people
? when i make a track, it take me about 220 hours to be enough confit with it. it's a playsure to do it, ok, but it's a work and a life line at the same time.

if your boss doesnt pay you at the end of the month is it ok for you ? wondering...
mando
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mando »

i download live-sets and dj-sets, sure. if its are not official release or its open to the public from the sources (Labels/Artists).

i buy regularly vinyls, and i think over 10.000 vinyls are enough money to the artists and labels ;)

so, the answer is: no ;)

and i also think downloading dj-sets and livesets are not piracy, because for all the DJs its Promotion, for all the Artists/Labels on this Sets, its also Promotion and for Live-Sets last but not least, also Promotion ;) (going to the clubs/concerts or buying some releases)
Der geile Ami
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Der geile Ami »

Storlon wrote:

I fully respect the artists. But I respect more my people
? when i make a track, it take me about 220 hours to be enough confit with it. it's a playsure to do it, ok, but it's a work and a life line at the same time.

if your boss doesnt pay you at the end of the month is it ok for you ? wondering...
I think the bigger question is how comparable a standard of living is there when the boss does pay.

think of it as good promotions, because corporate festivals to emerging markets pay.
freeeeeee