mnml mmbr

Post by provaznik »

northernlight wrote:dnb: look out for the stuff on Offshore
yes that one aswell. or vibez, bassbin& certificate 18
sorgenkind
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sorgenkind »

skept wrote:what does "minimal drums" mean? people also post on here asking about "minimal basslines" and other things.

i like the current state of techno because it doesn't seem to be limited by things like what you are asking about. people seem to be going in many directions with it. if a "minimal" sound is defined the same thing might happen to our genre of choice that has happened to dnb. there is definitely and unfortunately a "dnb" drum sound and a "dnb" bass sound. that is why the genre has fallen flat on it's face and not progressed for years. i hope the same doesn't happen to contemporary techno.

what i mean, which i could have said much simpler, is... why do you want your drums to sound like "minimal" as you say? what do YOU like? make YOUR drums sound how YOU want. if you want your drums to sounds like other's drums just cut samples from the first and last bars of popular tracks.
WORD
I couldn't have said it better
kroe
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by kroe »

sorgenkind wrote:
skept wrote:what does "minimal drums" mean? people also post on here asking about "minimal basslines" and other things.

i like the current state of techno because it doesn't seem to be limited by things like what you are asking about. people seem to be going in many directions with it. if a "minimal" sound is defined the same thing might happen to our genre of choice that has happened to dnb. there is definitely and unfortunately a "dnb" drum sound and a "dnb" bass sound. that is why the genre has fallen flat on it's face and not progressed for years. i hope the same doesn't happen to contemporary techno.

what i mean, which i could have said much simpler, is... why do you want your drums to sound like "minimal" as you say? what do YOU like? make YOUR drums sound how YOU want. if you want your drums to sounds like other's drums just cut samples from the first and last bars of popular tracks.
WORD
I couldn't have said it better
OT :lol:

you avatar is the best ever
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

i say fck it. fck it real good. you wont do anything special if all you do is to use other people's sound. i say DONT learn what other people use to do some sounds,.. instead learn to make really freaky and new sounds by yourself.

--edit--
okay. i missed the whole discussion before.. sorry, a bit drunk.. but anyway. you get what i want to say i hope..
-- edit
kroe
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by kroe »

thomasjaldemark wrote:i say fck it. fck it real good. you wont do anything special if all you do is to use other people's sound. i say DONT learn what other people use to do some sounds,.. instead learn to make really freaky and new sounds by yourself.

--edit--
okay. i missed the whole discussion before.. sorry, a bit drunk.. but anyway. you get what i want to say i hope..
-- edit
the important part is what u learn when u are learning how other people do they sounds.

:D
maks
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

drum recipe

Post by maks »

The brain stops percieving pitch under 30/20ms of length on "any" sound source, which in effect baffles/tickles our memory. great for drums/perc.

A: take a complex or simple sound source shorten it to above psych-law, add a synthesized noise source, mix both and boom...

B: if not satisfied replace/add a different source to the "attack or sustain" portion of the 1st rendered sample and woooh.

C: run sample thru a pitch shifter plug-in and find a setting between -1 to -12 pitches down, mix 25-40% wet....woooph

eq->compress to taste and serve... :)

happy cookin
harass
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harass »

use a transient dynamic processor ftw.