Whats the future of minimal is going to bring??

- open
minidine
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minidine »

Hm WORD @ dou

I think many people don't grapple with the music like we do. But they want to join in as well. It's not bad - everybody has different hobbies. People who like a little piece of every music don't make a difference between picotto and magda :wink:

That subtracts the quality of the partys. I see it in my city!!! In the past there were a few nice mnml partys with qualified DJs. Now all the other DJs change their style and i haaaate it!!!!! Bad music, nothing half and nothing the whole....

Mnml is fashion?? Great! But there are still people who like Vocal House etc. One of my best friends can't party anymore cause she likes Vocal :wink:

I hope quality will assert itself and the hype will settle down...
emoke
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by emoke »

^ Agreed.
Quality is going down...
Too many people started to spin minimal. But this still wouldn't be a problem.
Personally I don't like to listen too much of sets and mixes by different DJs... I like to create my own favourite lists and I like to decide myself what do I like... and I'm not gonna like a tune just because it's played by Villalobos for example.

The hyped tunes will get all the attention.
The new (but overrated) talents never will get the chance to prove their knowledge so after a while they'll stop working on things. Then everyone's going to want to make minimal sounds, without any talent or creativity or something - they will make minimal - just because. Because it's fashion. And then the countdown will start...
I own all of your candies!
minidine
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minidine »

Hm do you really think the good ones will stop working on things? Most of them are freakz :wink: But it will be more difficult for them.
emoke
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by emoke »

Well, I mean the GOOD ones that aren't too famous, well-known or wellrated yet ;)
I own all of your candies!
diefenwald
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by diefenwald »

the thing is that is now realy hard to find good intresting minimal by new releases...

Just started to look at old releases thats flashing me....

The actual minimal sounds a little bit boring because there is no sex on it...

but i like that ... i like the procedure searching for good tracks , its like an job called information broker... love my job :D
cygn
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by cygn »

Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

minimalicious_nadine wrote: People who like a little piece of every music don't make a difference between picotto and magda :wink:
well I like a little piece of (allmost every) music and I hate picotto and magda is ok. ok? :) imo there are just these people (A LOT of em) who like a lot of shitty music and thats that and theres nothing to do about it.
emoke wrote:... and I'm not gonna like a tune just because it's played by Villalobos for example.
well I've heard quite a lot of tunes played by him and I've quite liked a lot of them cuz he plays good tunes. (Like if he'd play sh!t - I wouldn't listen. :roll:) THAT doesn't mean I instantly like every tune he plays but that he tends to play (and make) rly good tunes. It makes sense doesn't it? (that was also for an example)
diefenwald wrote:the thing is that is now realy hard to find good intresting minimal by new releases...
thats rly rly fucked up. it's like 95% uninteresting crap.

and that ame interview is crap also.
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

fck EVERYTHING!!!

Not too sure what I meant but... I think I meant it.