[Minus44] JPLS - Program 1 (2006)

- wax
theclockstrucktwelve
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by theclockstrucktwelve »

plaster wrote:i think i'll make edits...pull three tracks in one. add a straight kick or something like that.
It has one already!
But if you want your bm bm bm bm instead of bm ___ bm ____.... go for it

"...Michaelangelo is a PARTY DUDE.. *PAARTEEEEEEE!* "
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

thanks professor.
jorgeds
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jorgeds »

Great Record...

JPLS never disappoints...

All the best,
J
phes
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by phes »

estoy de acuerdo con vos jorge!

GREAT RECORD :twisted:
Seph
-ix
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by -ix »

v404 wrote: This is the type of record Richie could mix on 3 decks and blow my mind with but I don't know what the hell I'd do w/ it.

:D I guess I would have the same when I were a dj.

Congratulations with your own mnus release JPLS!
theclockstrucktwelve
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by theclockstrucktwelve »

It's kinda funny to me that people are saying stuff like "What do I do with this!?"

Play it like any other record. It's simple - instead of a bass drum every bar, it's every other. Pretend it's there if you have to, but it doesn't change the tempo or the beat and you should be able to drop it in with any other record. You just gotta learn to listen and feel the rhythm, to the point that it becomes instinct instead of concentration. But even that is saying too much - just play the thing like you'd play any other!

"...Michaelangelo is a PARTY DUDE.. *PAARTEEEEEEE!* "
topperanza
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by topperanza »

wasn´t the first track release on clevermusic some months ago?

btw great record!
...the last thing i remember is...

https://soundcloud.com/topper
v404
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by v404 »

theclockstrucktwelve wrote:It's kinda funny to me that people are saying stuff like "What do I do with this!?"

Play it like any other record. It's simple - instead of a bass drum every bar, it's every other. Pretend it's there if you have to, but it doesn't change the tempo or the beat and you should be able to drop it in with any other record. You just gotta learn to listen and feel the rhythm, to the point that it becomes instinct instead of concentration. But even that is saying too much - just play the thing like you'd play any other!
:roll: Thanks for the tip.. Lord only knows how I've made it this far w/o your advice. "Play it like any other record" ... of COURSE!!! And here I was thinking it wouldn't work or something..

Please!! You're being hypocritical by saying that people who don't like this are posers & whatnot while in other threads you flame people for stating nonconstructive opinions.. One could say the same thing about any record & it still doesn't strengthen your argument. Different strokes for different folks man.. But I'm not digging this and frankly, it's because it's too minimal for what I play.. Maybe if you knew me & what I do you'd understand instead of turning this into a poser vs purist debate.

I didn't say it sucked, I said I wouldn't play it.. And you may find this surprising but when I play, the last thing I'm thinking about is what some yahoo on this message board thinks.. I stated my opinion & last time I checked, that's largely the purpose of these threads.

If we all agreed on everything this place would be pretty boring.

But all you've done so far is polarized this thread by saying that people who like this "get it" while those who don't are posers.. And that's just dumb. I mean, you can be dumb at your own expense all day long for all I care but don't preach it like it's truth.