Is Minus becoming the Get Physical of minimal?

- wax
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

the anti mundane brigade wrote: That is my summing up of Minus, cheap sounds with Ableton 'Grain Delay' dripping over every track! What happened to releasing a record like 'Minus -Orange' every couple of months!

Break the Mold!!!!
Check your ears. Or in the least, don't try and apply your (seemingly limited) knowledge of music production to your 'arguement'. I don't know why people are "debating" the things they are debating here. really pointless. If you really truly believe the things you say, then simply listen to something else and leave the rest of the people to enjoy the good sh!t.

the anti mundane brigade wrote: The distributor also told me the market is very slow at the moment! This is bad news guys and the reason for it is because of all of you who are writing sub-standard music! If you have not been writing music for more than at the very least 3 years, fck off!
You are absolutely right. There is tons of shitty music everywhere. And more and more new labels starting up to do more of the same and it's seriously diluting the whole scene. (not all new labels suck.. not what I meant). It seems though that you have things ass-backwards if you are somehow suggesting that one of the very few existing outlets of consistantly strong music is somehow part of that thing. It's the other way around. There are a handful of labels that put out really good sh!t all the time, a few more that are hit or miss and a lot more that are just terrible. Not to say that there aren't surprises, but that's kind of how it's been going for a long time now and it hasn't gotten any better really. Anyway, if you don't dig it, then let everyone else enjoy it and go find somethin' you do like and spend the time you used to spend on discussions like these on telling people how great the music you do like is.
jay haze
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jay haze »

i swear to god this is the most stupid fuckin thread ever. who cares ? :shock: :shock: :shock:
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

jay haze wrote:i swear to god this is the most stupid fuckin thread ever. who cares ? :shock: :shock: :shock:
I think it's the most interesting thread I've read in a long time :lol:

people actually exchanging opinions and different point of views on the scene as a whole rather than just saying "yeahhhhhhhh, I love this new record!!!!!!"
jay haze
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jay haze »

cyhl --- you cant be serious man ?--
there is too many player haters !
if minus is raging good for them , they work hard for it.
if get physical is raging good for them , they work hard for that .
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

jay haze wrote:cyhl --- you cant be serious man ?--
Yo JAy!
Cyhl was just sarcastic...

And I agree with you, this thread is useless. A bit too many people acting onobxious. Suck.
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

jay haze wrote:cyhl --- you cant be serious man ?--
I'm not saying I agree with anything that's written here!
f...ck all the haters!
and obviously I respect minus for what they do and how they do it...

but I just like seeing people having "deeper" discussions, even if it has to start with a provocating thread title!
Tom Dazing
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Tom Dazing »

jalousy to me

why would all sorts of ppl wanna know all the minus id's? because they sound good!
face the fact that m_nus has a bunch of great artists (and ofcourse one hell of a marketing strategy) :wink:

... but who cares, listen to the music you like and don't diss other ppl because they sell more
jay haze
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jay haze »

i ager , with you chyl .
i would love to see more realistic talks on these boards.
but as long as people can hide themselves behind a screen name , they will flex their envy and discontent.
sometimes you need a provacitive thread to get people talking - but i seriously have to say doing it at another labels expense is kinda stupid as well. IS MINUS THE GET PHYSICAL OF MINIMAL ? what does that mean ? what is get physcial ? in my opinion these guys are a hard working bunch who belive in what they are doing , and their contributions to the music industry has been positive. both minus and get physcial -
i might not ager with the releases of both labels all the time (you can never please everyone) , but you have to look at the bigger picture , at the bigger piece of work.
in the recent years i have also gone through my fair share of dudes hating on me , but in the end --- i just wish all the haters would realize one thing -
THE MORE YOU HATE ON SOMEONE , THE STRONGER THEY GROW - in the art of war it is not wise to make your enemy stronger now is it ?
if there is nothing constructive to say - why not keep it minimal ? say nothing at all
:x :x :x :x :x :x