Ricardo Villalobos Live @ Sunwaves Festival,Mamaia (Romania)

- dj/live pa

Moderators: John Clees, Benjamin Fehr, Tim Tor, Thomas Melchior

grace anxiety
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Ricardo Villalobos Live @ Sunwaves Festival,Mamaia (Roma

Post by grace anxiety »

CandyPollard wrote:
grace anxiety wrote:how did get perlonized go then? was he on form? I havent seen him play in quite a while now.. i think I will make a trip over to fabric this year and see him play
unfortunately I only had the chance to hear the first two hours of his set. he was quite sober and in my opinion he played one of the best sets i heard from him the last few years. Really great music and great transitions. would've loved to hear the rest of his set ...

ah nice one.. sounds great. looking forward to seeing him again

as for zip..i was at get perlonized in august and missed his set as he played first..margaret dygas wasnt a bad back up though;)
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

i heard him on sunday at the green and blue festival
a 4 hour set, it rocked my world.

this guy is technically the best DJ in the world, there is no one who can mix like that, if he is on game he can make it sound like some kind of a live set, i couldnt recognize for one hour if and when he mixed something, it was all just one sick transition.

if he only plays two hours he mostly plays shitty. but try to catch him at some place where he plays open end or more than 4 hours, then your chances are pretty high to witness something epic.

also you shouldnt go to events where he plays after luciano or carola or guys like that, cause he will not put in any effort. i guess people on those events are just satisfied with anything he plays and thats exactly what he does.

green and blue he played after a 3 hour set from arpiar, he had to play his best game cause anything less would have been an embarrassment.
dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dirddey_iddler »

deccard wrote:
grace anxiety wrote:
deccard wrote:i liked him best around 2000 till 2004...all those crazy perlon nights at robert johnson before he got big with alcachofa.
listened to the set yesterday. well some nice moments but he kind of lost it music wise for me.
but we´ll see what he does at panorama bar tonight. havent heard him live for a while.
damm it would have been great to see him back then.. how did get perlonized go then? was he on form? I havent seen him play in quite a while now.. i think I will make a trip over to fabric this year and see him play

p.s i kinda like the piano bit in this set.. it has a sex in the city theme tune on acid kinda sound to it :lol:
missed him as we arrived at 6 am and he was already gone. but zip was top as usual.
i was there too. till 4 to 11:30 i think. Ricardo played some of his tracks, very nice stuff. But, the normal records he played were sh!t. This wasnt the ricardo you could hear in 2000 or 2002! He looked like, that he had no motivation for this night.

Zip played a cool house set. Some cool classics and newer records. I think he played 4 or 5 hours.
alutza
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by alutza »

This was definitely better than his set at DEMF that's for sure.
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

this set isn't his best technically ..the tracks are pretty great (as junger mentioned the edit of burial's street halo is amazing) but man i really hate the stupid fader tricks he's doing so often now..constantly flicking a track up and down or taking the one playing off and new one up for a second before putting it back. at the first minute he does this in the set...twice..annoying. watch any new video from him and he's probably doing it. with that said, he's still awesome and always has my attention! (*)
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

b-ran wrote:this set isn't his best technically ..the tracks are pretty great (as junger mentioned the edit of burial's street halo is amazing) but man i really hate the stupid fader tricks he's doing so often now..constantly flicking a track up and down or taking the one playing off and new one up for a second before putting it back. at the first minute he does this in the set...twice..annoying. watch any new video from him and he's probably doing it. with that said, he's still awesome and always has my attention! (*)
actually i like this a lot.. sometimes when it fits perfectly i kinda freak out :D
but i admit that it can also be annoying..i think with those fader moves it's a thin line between great and shitty..

like themis said it really depends where you catch him these days ... there is tho nothing i enjoy as much as seeing him at one of his +4h sets, cause behind the decks he defintely is something different.. pure sickness..
danbolton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by danbolton »

personally i was really impressed by the last ten mins, for me its a textbook 'villalobos' moment the way he teases that cassius vocal in and gets a really nice vibe going with the tune underneath it, then suddenly fades in that amazing old school sounding tune and and drops it right as the tune is peaking, energy levels go through the roof! ive always been impressed by the timing of his mixes, and the way he manages to get the most impact out of his tunes when he's on form. love the way he can hypnotise you then catch you completely off guard with a big drop when your least expecting it. im not saying this is a great villalobos mix by his standards, just think that last ten mins is a great example of how magical he can be, has sent me over the edge countless times in fabric with mixes like that :)
dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dirddey_iddler »

ricardo is off. he has seen everything. there is nothing what he can impress him.