How much is too much to pay for a new record

- open
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

i think all new records should be the same price. all these cunts who think their music is worth twice as much as everyone elses will end up killing vinyl. I'm not paying £14 for a new record just because it's moodymann. fck that! you greedy mother fucker!
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

tone-def wrote:i think all new records should be the same price. all these cunts who think their music is worth twice as much as everyone elses will end up killing vinyl. I'm not paying £14 for a new record just because it's moodymann. fck that! you greedy mother fucker!
Yep. It's elitist drivel. It's funny how they go on about vinyl and stuff when they dont look after us vinyl buyers at all.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

::BLM:: wrote:Yep. It's elitist drivel. .
or you could say factual data.. 1000 kps is CD quality : mp3 @ 320 is 1/3 of a numeric number..

I disagree... it's all about the collector..

many times I've paid twice as much for shipping than I actually paid for the actual vinyl.. so when does that new topic be presented.. ?

that has noting to do with collector's choice but factual cost involved when someone attempts to collect vinyl..
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

i find it a bit ridiculous for people to get limited print new records and immediately sell them for high amounts.

i got the new joy orbison 12" for $18 canadian (this includes shipping) from honest jons and theres already copies of it going for $75 american on discogs..for a record that came out a month ago..

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?releas ... 7891&ev=rb
yeswehavetheright
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by yeswehavetheright »

b-ran wrote:i find it a bit ridiculous for people to get limited print new records and immediately sell them for high amounts.

i got the new joy orbison 12" for $18 canadian (this includes shipping) from honest jons and theres already copies of it going for $75 american on discogs..for a record that came out a month ago..

Infuriating - money for nothing pisstaking bastards. There must be a precedent for people willing to pay. How about the prices this guy's asking for these Something In The Sky releases http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?seller ... in+the+sky
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

john clees wrote:
::BLM:: wrote:Yep. It's elitist drivel. .
or you could say factual data.. 1000 kps is CD quality : mp3 @ 320 is 1/3 of a numeric number..

I disagree... it's all about the collector..

many times I've paid twice as much for shipping than I actually paid for the actual vinyl.. so when does that new topic be presented.. ?

that has noting to do with collector's choice but factual cost involved when someone attempts to collect vinyl..
How is Theo Parrish charging more money then anyone else about the collector? It's about him, and how much he can get away with charging for a new record.
wax works
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wax works »

I think records should be charged at a price that reflects the costs involved, labels should be putting out their records as cheaply as possible - if that is £20 then cool, but if they are charging £20 just to make more money then I think that is wrong.

I wonder if Theo Parrish will have kept a few to sell on Discogs and make a few more quid.
Ciaran_
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ciaran_ »

b-ran wrote:i find it a bit ridiculous for people to get limited print new records and immediately sell them for high amounts.

Strange that release, Juno has it listed as selling for £22, and Chemical for £8.. now where did that £14 rise come from Juno? Chemical has it listed as a test press, but still..