RentAcrowd

- open
Evad
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Evad »

Hutch wrote:
CBLVSN wrote:But even if he sets up his own venue, he still faces the problem of nobody really knowing his name/brand.
chuck norris can.
Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

they divided chicago house by zero and techno was born
its all about the rhythm
Ciaran_
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ciaran_ »

Can also depend on the city you're in.. and if your particular brand of house/techno/whatever has a following. Surgeon played here in Newcastle a year or so ago, and it was dead, although in other places he can draw huge amounts of people. Sometimes there just isnt a crowd for the kind of music you are putting on, no matter how much promotion you do, which is a shame..
infernal.techno
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by infernal.techno »

Ciaran_ wrote:Can also depend on the city you're in.. and if your particular brand of house/techno/whatever has a following. Surgeon played here in Newcastle a year or so ago, and it was dead, although in other places he can draw huge amounts of people. Sometimes there just isnt a crowd for the kind of music you are putting on, no matter how much promotion you do, which is a shame..
this

i live in a town where radio rap sells
- matt
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

to be honest, this unpredictability is also a thing that makes it all exciting :) If all goes well, by tonight I will secure a venue in Gent that can hold 100-120 people tops, to throw monthly sunday afternoon thing. I hope it'll work, planning to get a lot of international dj's here that are great but still relatively unknown or never played Belgium yet. Looking forward to see if I can get a regular crowd in for such a thing, guess it's not the easiest choice to do, but since I like sunday parties the most myself, I might just as well give it a go :)
mattburns
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mattburns »

Just starting a new night at the end of the month. This is the first time i've been involved in putting a night on although i'm doing it with 3 other reasonably experienced folk. Hopefully i won't be back on this thread in a few weeks with a pile of sob stories!
Upcoming Gigs
Twitch presents Function (Sandwell District) on 16th March in The Empire, Belfast. Support from Matt Burns//Paddy Towe//Phil Lucas.

Twitch presents Lerosa on 9th April in QUBSU with support from Matt Burns//Paddy Towe//NEZ//Phil Lucas
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

mattburns wrote:Just starting a new night at the end of the month. This is the first time i've been involved in putting a night on although i'm doing it with 3 other reasonably experienced folk. Hopefully i won't be back on this thread in a few weeks with a pile of sob stories!

haha, good luck :)