Ancient Aliens 2010 on the History Channel

- open
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

tone-def wrote:
Kiani wrote: story 2: the pharaos believed that they were (in touch with) god and saw unbelievable things like the sun and the moon. without further knowledge about this, they decided to build giant tombs for the dead pharao's pointing to the unknown sky (the only place i would expect gods to be if i knew nothing about it) with the materials i had from those ages: they used thousands of slaves to build these so that per 9 seconds one stone was placed...

i'm going for story 2 ;)
but thats ridiculous too.
actually i was pointing out two theories which both provide some strange ideas, nut still the second one is less extreme in its thought. the 'nine seconds per block'-thing was something briefly told in the documentary. I don't know if this theory is acknowledged by archeologists.

the basic problem i have with all these alien and paranormal stories is that all these 'creatures' are so manlike. I mean, if something could travel trough space, i would expect it not to be similar to us, humans, because with our genetic structure based on C, H and O, it seems impossible. Also, the fact that in this case all the depictions of the god creatures are so humanlike supports the theory of ancient people visualizing their gods higher beings linked to the humans.

I do believe in extraterrestrial life, i can imagine that prokaryotic life can exist on other planets too, but even with a very small change in chemical structure on a planet, i think evolution would behave totally different and not yield creatures with 1 head, 2 arms and 2 legs etc. who then travel through space and find earth just at the moment that we humans are here...
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

. wrote: And then the pharaos swam to the actual "America" to teach mayans how to build pyramids the same way as the egyptians? Hmm.

:lol:
first of all, mayan temples and pyramids are (to my knowledge) not built the same way. the only thing which connects them is that they have a square as base and 4 triangles on each side
second of all: squares and trianges are the most basic structures: there is no need for egyptians to come and tell mayans such structures exist, and definately no alien on a rocket... ;)
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

oblioblioblio wrote:I got around to watching all of them.

Some of the other episodes become a bit more 'crazy theories'. But in the first episodes of them the evidence they give is much much more logical than the previous thinkings on the subjects. There were feats of engineering acheived that were in advance of what we can do now even, and they were done by cultures without tools, and sometimes even with written languages.
And there is something very sensible about it all. I've never given that much thought to alien life forms before but this is very strong material.

Anyways it doesn't really bother me how other people react to these programs and people.

But this belief that we are the only planet with life, and that we are the most advanced planet in terms of intelligence and resources etcetc. That to me is quite far fetched.
yeah the first two episodes had theories that raised some interesting points. science can't prove that aliens didn't help build the pyramids and where did man get the idea of god from? but it seemed like they run out of creditable ideas and it went a bit silly. all the stuff about aliens genetically modifying humans to make them more intelligent and slaves is pure speculation with nothing to back it up, science fiction. it was still entertaining though.
jaco
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jaco »

niiiice, thanks for posting this....
but still i think is common in human history to create almighty figures in order to explain the unexplainable...at first it was some crazy angry god when a thunderstorm was coming, now is aliens....i mean to believe in this theory i would need a decent amount of faith, as it was a sort of religion, and i'm one of thous guys who needs tangible proofs...
still a nice "sci-fi" documentary though...
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

I believe alien or UFO sightings are subjective, astral experiences based on the individual and their vibration or what sort of frequency they're aligned to at a specific moment. Perhaps they are just another archetype within the the human collective unconscious? One that represents the future or humanities technological advancements? I believe they may appear as a thought form as opposed to a solid metal disc or object so cannot be proved in the objective sense.

Or maybe I've just done too many drugs haha :)
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

is it a stretch to think the ancient egyptians maybe just had some technological knowledge that might just enabled them to build the pyramids? I don't believe in aliens, I believe in the genius of man facing problems. And unfortunately, civilisations tend to dissappear often taking chunks of their knowledge with them. So, perhaps they invented some early form of a caterpillar crane, who knows? When the spanish arrived in America they slaughtered the natives and basically "bulldozed" all the temples etc to the ground, so who knows how much knowledge was destroyed by Columbus, Cortez and their gangs of christian idiots?

As for the same structures getting built in America: I have a theory, ma'am! We all know Columbus was hopelessly late when he thought to have discovered America. Before that, the vikings (yes, that techno dude from Berlin) had already been to large parts of Canada and the north of the USA (don't underestimate the power of a good burger). Who's to say that the Egyptians didn't arrive there and told the Aztek / Mayan priests about the buildings in his country? The Egyptians were pretty amazing sailors for their time, so it's not unlikely that just as Colombus some boat went too far and accidentally ended up on the other side of the ocean. They have found egyptian boats on islands in the middle of the atlantic, so why not?
The Aztek pyramids are nothing like the Egypt ones btw, Azteks and mayans built their "pyramids" in layers (representing the stages to heaven sort of) while the Egyptians built a real pyramid with exact measures, as a proof of genius and science and as a testament to the greatness of the man that was to lay there for eternity.

Rant over, sorry, but history is one of my absolute loves in life ;) Have been to Mexico so many times to see the ruins of Chizen Itza, Coba and so on and always sit there sobbing like a gay man in a tutu on prom night. Euh.
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by . »

Great man, everyone should start thinking by their own and never waiting for others to put ideas in our heads.
PsyTox wrote:The Aztek pyramids are nothing like the Egypt ones btw, Azteks and mayans built their "pyramids" in layers (representing the stages to heaven sort of) while the Egyptians built a real pyramid with exact measures, as a proof of genius and science and as a testament to the greatness of the man that was to lay there for eternity.
Don't forget egyptians were in desert and mayans/aztecs in jungles. If I had to build 2 pyramids, one on water and one on air, they would probably look a bit different, IMO...

Now, futute is more important, search for my other thread. :P
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

kristofason wrote:
john clees wrote:questioning yourself and what you've may have always believed in is frighting to many ::: if not most..

always & never don't existed.

:)
ouch that was some bad grammar!
;) only jokin!!

no need to joke : it was : I've had apx two hrs sleep everyday for 3 days...

please forgive my quick typo with my thoughts under these circumstances..

. wrote:
Don't forget egyptians were in desert and mayans/aztecs in jungles. If I had to build 2 pyramids, one on water and one on air, they would probably look a bit different, IMO...
great point...

also to add: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-xmOsmZ ... r_embedded
is it possible for you to embrace uncertainty ?