Horror Movies

- open
mlQ
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mlQ »

Robot Criminal wrote:
mlQ wrote: p.s. if u r lookin' for some ultra-violence movie i greatly recommend you ''A CLOCKWORK ORANGE'' (personal best movie) and has a very good storyline, acting, impressive scenes etc. (-) :arrow: :shock: :arrow: 8)
I totally recommend reading the book also. F*in awesome stuff.
i have read it few months ago... must agree its awesome and not very much better then movie but still better :)
...running around listening to repetitive electronic music...
mlQ
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mlQ »

miniKAT wrote:
Oh...and Requiem is horror my friend, much worse horror than any monster movie or gore. Especially if u have experienced that life.
i think u are missing the point here... if movie ''scared'' you or provoke some bad feelings in you it doesnt mean its horror

i mean if u watch discovery animal planet or whatever documentary about wild life where animals wildly kill eachother can u say it is a horror (especialy if u experienced that life) :idea:

p.s. what i meant is according to movie category its not horror, but what movie is about surely is horror :!:
Last edited by mlQ on Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Android
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Android »

Anti-Christ makes Paranormal Activity look like childs play

its shocking

its offensive

its gorgeous cinematography

dont read any reviews about it, before watching it

you dont want to spoil it
mlQ
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mlQ »

Philsen wrote:
mlQ wrote:
about what 'KAT mentioned i think ''Requiem for a dream'' aint horrors but surely worth watching (it must be in my top10)

p.s. if u r lookin' for some ultra-violence movie i greatly recommend you ''A CLOCKWORK ORANGE'' (personal best movie) and has a very good storyline, acting, impressive scenes etc. (-) :arrow: :shock: :arrow: 8)
... absolutley right ;) ...

... david lynch's Mullholland Drive and Blue Velvet are also strong psychedelic movies that challenge ur mind ...
thanks for the suggestions, im going to watch those and hope they r worth of watching ;)
dzan
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dzan »

no horror but still in topic: oldboy
deeply sad, amazing and sickly at the same time.

[url="http://soundcloud.com/dzan"]soundcloud.com/dzan[url]
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

Robot Criminal wrote:ha fck yea, also saw it in the cinema the first time. was a :shock:
Haven't watched the extras but the hell it seems as a one take :)

I've watched "requiem" several times and it quite doesn't cut it. Ok, its a good movie and all but its made just a tad too fancy and the main theme really fckin annoys the sht out of me. Love the downhill of the female character though. I think Trainspotters represents all that a whole lot better. And I've experienced that life (some of my friends....)

Иди и смотри sounds good. Will check
Well I dont know, I think its the best addiction film ever made, it doesnt hold back and puts right into the drivers seat so to speak. It is the only movie that is just as good if not better than the book. Aranofsky got it spot on. I actually grew up on Brighton Beach and Coney Island, where they filmed the movie, I remeber them filming it. The funny sh!t is I was just starting to go through the same sh!t in the same neighborhood with my best friend and my girl. I didnt know what film they were making at the time, but when I seen it years later, I was blown away by the film and the "coincidence". THough I dont believe in those
infernal.techno
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by infernal.techno »

Wow what a week for movies for me!

Ok...here goes, in no particular order

Cat in the Brain - horror director Lucio Fulci stars as himself in a spiraling mental trip. All the great qualities of a great horror film: suspense, music/sounds, makeup and direction

Street Trash - this move is gruesome and sleazy at its best. Ridiculous colors and metamorphosis, great soundtrack, demeaning and vile around every turn. For those who like some comedy mixed in with their rape and murder

Zombie - classic Lucio Fulci...a precursor to other well executed zombie films. Wicked makeup and effects, storyline that mirrors Caribbean beliefs and myths through zombies/voodoo.

The Omen (original) - little disappointed in this one. Not as suspenseful as I had hope; not enough blood. Very first death is really the best one.

Sleepaway Camp - seems to be your typical 80s american camp slasher at first. Character development sets it above the rest of its kind.
- matt
diefenwald
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by diefenwald »

Shining
The Abominable Dr. Phibes (great Vincent Price!)
Night of the living dead
The Thing (1982 Crapenter)
The Ring
Funny Games (Austria)
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (Sutherland)