Nord Lead 2X (Rack) or Dave Smith Tetr4?

- ask away
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

you like it that much ha?...
; ]
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

already made the blueprint on archicad... Ill post it one of those days. rethinking some things

Tasos

EDIT: I started building it after that post hehe. Ill open-source it
Martian Telecom
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Martian Telecom »

I just ordered a tetra..i had a mono evolver keyboard whcih i loved but wanted something more portable for live gigs.
This is where the Tetra is a winner. It is small, multitimbral, and it has individual outs for each voice. For live gigging it is probably the best unit in the market.

That being said, if you are going for sound and ease of use, the Mopho and the Tetra are totally over-rated. They have a lot of bells and whistles, but I can't get over the fact that the oscillators sound really unremarkable. I would take any of the old sequential analogue stuff over his latest offerings.

I think the Evolver line is great and is a interesting revision of the Prophet VS concept, but the analogue stuff just sounds really polite. Not horrible, just not very interesting either. Tom Oberheim's SEM reissues on the other hand, now those sound like the voice of God.

It boils down to whether you want a live box or not. Also, you can do everything a Tetra can do with a pattern sequencer, external effects, and a synth. It will sound better, but it will not be tiny. The Tetra is cool if you are going to play live, but there are better options if you are not going to gig with synths.
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

going on gigs with it, is not the main attraction of the tetr4 for me. but once you get to know it i completely understand i is part of your gear u take with tou.

I want to get my first synth, analog synth, and this looks good (from what i've read/heard) on price vs. sound quality vs size. probably i will get a better one in the future(i understand this is some other level of addiction)...but i havent made up my mind about it yet...i've been checking other options since this topic, some of them are interesting as well...

anyone could say anything about the MFB? the dark energy look attractive too...

well..thanks again everyone.
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

One step before going to the laser-cutter! :D
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

lots of knobs... :D