How long have you been making music for?

- ask away
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

^^ i really liked some of the music on your page.
someonelikeyou
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by someonelikeyou »

I started making electronic music with an Atari St running cubase pro24, so nearly 20yrs!!! Still hav'nt finished a track!!! Love it. Someonelikeyou.
JonasEdenbrandt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JonasEdenbrandt »

I started when i was 15-16 playing with fast tracker. Since that's only 6-7 years ago I guess there were other DAWs out there but for some reason thats what i had. I tried to make like miss kittin inspired stuff and more depeche mode stuff but never really got that far. Then i started making more IDM kind of stuff in fruity loops and after a few yearsa friend turned me to reason and by then I was a huge fan of the Dopplereffekt, Drexciya sound and since then I've been making techno or whatever you wan't to call it. So 6-7 years of playing around and perhaps 3 years of making techno on a more regular basic.

Haven't released any thing yet. Would be fun but I'm not in a hurry.
Ronny Pries
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ronny Pries »

Started making music on the c64 in '88 or something, went to Amiga and Protracker very soon and started making music for Demos/Intros and the like. First netlabel release in '95, vinyl in '96. Then the latter via Fasttracker, my own netlabel/label, then Buzz now Ableton. Good times.
Always think twice.
Jack Rock
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Jack Rock »

The electric piano, that I was supposed to practice for my pianolessons on, had midi in/out, so I could hook it up to the family Mac and play around with Opcode EZVision. This was in 1991 (10 years old).

Needless to say, I never learned to properly play the piano ... 8)
http://www.myspace.com/djjackrock
http://www.jackrock.dk
http://soundcloud.com/jack-rock
---
Out now:
Cleymore - "Reel Dance EP (inc. Jack Rock rmx)" - Sui Generiz 09
Jack Rock - "Rendez Vous EP" - Archipel 065
Jack Rock - "Filter Games" - ArtiFarti 007
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Ronny Pries wrote:Started making music on the c64 in '88 or something, went to Amiga and Protracker very soon and started making music for Demos/Intros and the like. First netlabel release in '95, vinyl in '96. Then the latter via Fasttracker, my own netlabel/label, then Buzz now Ableton. Good times.
netlabels in 95? must have taken years to download anything back then or was it low bit rates?
Ronny Pries
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ronny Pries »

tone-def wrote: netlabels in 95? must have taken years to download anything back then or was it low bit rates?
Well, the official term was "tracking group" and the formats were mostly xm and it. mp3 wasn't used back then cause it was still fairly bad...

But the overall idea was the same. Actually, in the very beginning after the term Netlabel/Netaudio came up, that newly built scene took many benefits from the demoscene, tracking groups etc.
Always think twice.
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

somewhere mid 90ies i started using ft2.. long time ago :) also formed my own "tracking group" in the end of 90ies (Thinner)..
first release "physically" i think was 2002-03 on some cdr..

first vinyl came jan 2005, and fortunatly it's been a couple since then!
so it took about ten years of making music before the first record came out :)