[M79MP3] Ambivalent - Is 5

- wax
miro pajic
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miro pajic »

omnipresence wrote:I expect that this will be a large multi-pager. 808 Clap is actually a lot more interesting musically than a lot of stuff out there - prob my favourite of the release.

@technopunk: not trying to criticise but if you don't get the point of such paintings do you actually understand what minimalism (not necessarily in a definitive sense) is really about? Have you ever seen paintings by someone like Rothko in person? (My point isn't to directly compare such artists with Ambivalent.)
+ double 1
S.D.L
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S.D.L »

Criticism makes people think about what they're doing. Being up in somebody's a$$ doesn't.
you are what you tweed
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

bip wrote:describing a release as "awful" is maybe not so elegant, but giving details about a demo received in public, with the only goal to hurt, is MUCH worse!
mh.. this is not so true,
I don't know who you wanna blame but it's maybe not right to talk about "demo blah blah" in public so this has been a mistake by both sides..

describing a release as "awful" isn't maybe the right way to say that someone doesn't like it..

It's also true that this is a discussion forum but this is the vinyl section and I think personal issues can still be pointed out in pm or am I wrong?

Anyway I like Twenty Six.. all trax are proper!

/nuff said
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
bip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by bip »

the right way to say you don't like a track is to say nothing at all!

when you send a demo to a label the maximum you can expect is to make a release, the minimum is confidentiality.
...::::....::::....::::...
photonic
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by photonic »

Wow, so much envy on the minimal scene, nothing new... But you should not talk about it here, why dont you just send all this info to B.Z.? hahaha. Maybe somebody should start some yellow press about minimal scene.. We could have nice articles like:

Why does Heron hates Ambivalent? Should Heron be on Minus instead? What Camea did with his demo? How will Richie respond, is he to busy with his fashion line?

or something like "What happened on the shooting of the new Villalobos movie, secrets of dark rooms in Berghain".. and we coud have a competitions like "Which famous minimal star was puking in Bar25 toilets last weekend?", prize could be "A dinner with Richie in a nice Japanese restaurant", second prize could be "Five grams of Ketamine" and third prize could be "Free download of all Ambivalent releases on Minus", actually of all Minus releases, because they are all sh!t.. almost:-)

Or maybe RA can write a review, something like "The art of the clap, is Ambivalent new Robert Henke?", hahaha, for sure he fuckin is not.. Even RA is smarter than that... I hope

Why dont we just make everything public, because the whole scene seems to be a fuckin joke anyway..
miro pajic
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miro pajic »

photonic wrote:Wow, so much envy on the minimal scene, nothing new... But you should not talk about it here, why dont you just send all this info to B.Z.? hahaha. Maybe somebody should start some yellow press about minimal scene.. We could have nice articles like:

Why does Heron hates Ambivalent? Should Heron be on Minus instead? What Camea did with his demo? How will Richie respond, is he to busy with his fashion line?

or something like "What happened on the shooting of the new Villalobos movie, secrets of dark rooms in Berghain".. and we coud have a competitions like "Which famous minimal star was puking in Bar25 toilets last weekend?", prize could be "A dinner with Richie in a nice Japanese restaurant", second prize could be "Five grams of Ketamine" and third prize could be "Free download of all Ambivalent releases on Minus", actually of all Minus releases, because they are all sh!t.. almost:-)

Or maybe RA can write a review, something like "The art of the clap, is Ambivalent new Robert Henke?", hahaha, for sure he fuckin is not.. Even RA is smarter than that... I hope

Why dont we just make everything public, because the whole scene seems to be a fuckin joke anyway..

is this the reason you signed up for? feeling better now?

"so much envy on (in) the minimal scene" but then
" bla bla all minus releases, because they are all sh!t"

you just critisized something that you confirmed to do yourself.

is "sh!t" what you personally don't like or is something "sh!t" because it's technically and productionwise on a low level and really bad made?

damn, i shouldn't even get into this BS!
harold_f
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harold_f »

lots of egos being bruised here which leads to defensive behavior.
photonic
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by photonic »

is this the reason you signed up for? feeling better now?

"so much envy on (in) the minimal scene" but then
" bla bla all minus releases, because they are all sh!t"

you just critisized something that you confirmed to do yourself.

is "sh!t" what you personally don't like or is something "sh!t" because it's technically and productionwise on a low level and really bad made?

damn, i shouldn't even get into this BS!
well.. yes, that is the reason, i do feel better, haha. i just love to be hater, that is it :lol: i dont think everything is sh!t, i said almost everything. i like marc houle and few more acts. and, yes i said it is sh!t because i personally think so, which of course is just my humble opinion :lol: hey, i like your live pa for example. and i am aware of the fact that i am saying a lot of sh!t, i just think that a little bit of discussion or even something like this is missing in the scene where everyone "likes" what other people do, everything is beautiful, and we are all one big family... but in reality it is a greed driven selfish scene full of huge egos... why? because some stupid dance music reviewer said something nice about someones music, or some junky likes their tracks? or maybe they know richie hawtin personally? or maybe they have even found their tracks in his twitter tracklist :lol: i dont know, i just feel that something is wrong... but honestly, i dont really give a sh!t about all this, i am just trying to amuse myself :lol: