Random quotes

- open
harass
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harass »

haha pheek, so funny. I have this picture in my head of your laptop being rugged with combat experience.
PatStormont
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by PatStormont »

I've had a few funny things happen. At the first clubnight I ever did, we had a drunk guy knock a foldback speaker onto the decks. That was fairly chaotic.

I've been asked "Got any Kylie?" (minogue) more times than I can remember.

I had some guy trying to sell me a mac powerbook while playing a live set, and then he started on the whole mac is better than pc crap, this went on for over 15 minutes, until I loudly told him to fck off and then he gave me his business card (he was a mac salesman).
Joey Sarks
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Joey Sarks »

3 hour set outside of detroit...

"HEY MAN!!! Wheres the Lynyrd Skynyrd!?! I need to hear some freebird!"

Girl: "Im from New York, you got Sneaker Pimps?"
Me: "Nope"
Girl: "No Sneaker Pimps? I bet you don't have beyonce knowles or none of that either huh? Your not a very good dj are you?"
Me: while putting my headphones back on- " :roll: Go get another drink im busy"

My buddy was insanely drunk too and kept running up to the mixer violently twisting the EQs. I almost decked him 'bout 10 times that night.

I also went to a warehouse party right after all this happened, RIGHT before I was supposed to start the cops rolled in the back door, seen everyone and the tanks and said, "Ha, yeeeah.....you all got about 5 minutes, wrap it up right now." The funny part about this is that for the next 5 minutes there were people running around loading stuff in trucks with filled ballons between their teeth, and slipping on them at the same time. Very funny to watch in person. :lol:

Thats all I can think of right now
dncn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dncn »

awwwwwww man. people who come over and fck with the mixer!!!!

ggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

they can mega fck off.

its a warehouse party staple though isnt it?
accdntly
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by accdntly »

once foundsound threw a free party at a small local favorite venue and everything went off fine. the following mon. i was out at another club and someone came up to me and said "you djed at the party on sat. night right?, well you sucked none of you guys played any vocals or anything with a breakdown"

at our last foundsound monthly party. cyhl had the plug pulled on him an hour before we were done by this bartender that weve always been unhappy with because of his attitude and bad service. i threw a hissy bitch fit and told him how much hes always sucked and how i hope he died in a motorcycle accident that night and then we stole the quarter inch plugs :lol:
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

lol acdntly.

it's unbelievable how people get upset when you turn them down in those situations.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
Layborn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Layborn »

I deal with that sort of thing every weekend..

My fave..
It"Do you have techno?"
me" you mean like Darude?"
It " yeah.."
Me" no"
It" can you make it go faster?"
Me "you mean like this? *raises pitch*
It" YEAH!!"
Me" No.." *Lowers pitch*

True story.
-Layborn-
dncn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dncn »

class.^^^^

a good technique can be to take advantage of the noise levels to pretend you didnt hear what they said and give confusing random answers...

eg...

Punter - 'can you play faithless for me?'

me - 'youre a faceless moron? what?

Punter - 'can you play something with lyrics?'

me - 'can you pay someone to lick sick? what the fck man?'

works every time.

behold the puzzled expression of 'did he just say what i think he said' on said munted fools.'