richie hawtin's live traktor twitter feed...

- open
miroslav
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miroslav »

Coog wrote:Awesome!! Every Tom, dck , Harry and Harriette with a Traktor and a sticky photo of Rich in their pants will be able to do this in a few weeks. Maybe I'll just stay home and twitter techno, better yet, this can become a new genre. sht I don't have to leave the house now. :idea:
They already can. Everyone can get software and rig it so that it basically just lets them press "play" and then just feed it a string of tracks which they got off of Beatport's top playlists.

Imo there's nothing wrong with this tool. The death of the rarity and exclusivity of the art was an obvious and natural byproduct of the digital revolution and is old new by now. ..not sure what everyone's worked up about - but then again, most of you will oppose anything Richie does just because it's Richie.
TMCM
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TMCM »

iainkerr7 wrote:
TMCM wrote:
iainkerr7 wrote:nothing better than when a DJ drops a track that is brilliant and no one knows what it is.
yeah, the producer, label and publisher will agree.
i'm sure they will!
Sarcasm is a very low form of wit and if you want to contribute then do it productively. All I was doing was offering an opinion as a fan and a listener so don't try and be a smart a$$.

Some like it, some don't - It will ruin that feeling for satisfaction when you finally find that track you heard one night clubbing, on your ipod or at a party.
guess i asked for this.
then again, as the advocatus diaboli i like to be, i wanted to show the other side. if biting sarcasm pissed you off, then i apologize.
coffee makes you happy... except when it messes you up.
Twitter Last.FM Facebook
wax works
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wax works »

TMCM wrote:
iainkerr7 wrote:
TMCM wrote:
iainkerr7 wrote:nothing better than when a DJ drops a track that is brilliant and no one knows what it is.
yeah, the producer, label and publisher will agree.
i'm sure they will!
Sarcasm is a very low form of wit and if you want to contribute then do it productively. All I was doing was offering an opinion as a fan and a listener so don't try and be a smart a$$.

Some like it, some don't - It will ruin that feeling for satisfaction when you finally find that track you heard one night clubbing, on your ipod or at a party.
guess i asked for this.
then again, as the advocatus diaboli i like to be, i wanted to show the other side. if biting sarcasm pissed you off, then i apologize.
No worries :)

It's a good point man and I do agree with it - it's good that artists might attract some new fans and sell some more records, it's a great aspect of it actually.

I guess I just miss hearing music and thinking WTF is that? And then accidentally finding it in weeks,months or years later..
lostinmusiq
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by lostinmusiq »

This concept is also a significant step towards helping smaller independent record companies and artists to gain further recognition and free promotion when their releases are played as digital files. However, the real potential comes to light when considering the benefits for performing rights societies: "By providing the necessary information to track what is really being played in clubs, the Twitter DJ application would not only drag the likes of GEMA, PRS and SOCAN kicking and screaming into the 21st century, but make sure the real artists get paid instead of performance payments simply being carved up between the Madonnas and U2s of the world."

For the official Press Release click here:
http://www.m-nus.com/newsletters/TWITTE ... pdated.pdf

i think it is a good thing - very interesting app ...
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

dyte wrote: the clever part's when beatport get involved and it supplies links to the tunes to buy on the twitter post, helps the folk that want to know the trax and helps the labels sell the trax
This would be totally awesome IMO.
Great idea dude!
dyte
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dyte »

New Guy wrote:
dyte wrote: the clever part's when beatport get involved and it supplies links to the tunes to buy on the twitter post, helps the folk that want to know the trax and helps the labels sell the trax
This would be totally awesome IMO.
Great idea dude!

Wouldn't be too tricky either. All that would be needed is a link held in the mp3 tag details (assuming the track is available). Not sure if they'd fit everything in the character limit though
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

some people may find this practical
some people won't care

i don't really care, because most of what richie plays is not up my alley
but if this list can actually expose artists and labels, then it's a nice initiative

the main question is :
do we really need a 5-page thread about this?
juhokusti
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by juhokusti »

iainkerr7 wrote:
TMCM wrote: Sarcasm is a very low form of wit
and why is that?