staying in touch with the club scene as a producer

- ask away
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE wrote: Tbh, if the free party scene is going to get revived, we all need to pull our fingers out and get something done; ive got some spare decks, and can get hold of a PA?
i could break a venue over christmas.
niminal
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by niminal »

steevio wrote:i'd just like to add a little something here,

the reason i feel less satisfied with the EDM experience these days, is that i remember dancing in my bear feet on grass as the sun came up to the sounds of the future with thousands of beautiful people on one wavelength before the Criminal Justice Bill (in the UK) forced our music into the sanitised and sterile environment of inner city clubs, at the mercy of skanky street drug dealers, ludicrously expensive drinks, and worse still 'big name' DJs, to be turfed out at 6 in the morning before you have the chance to move up to another level altogether, and really experience what this is all about.
thats why you're itching to get back to the comfort of your homes and chill out with your mates.
dancing with your fellow humans in nature, in what ever headspace you wish should be a basic human right, its as natural as breathing.

Right on !

as long as we allow ourselves to be castrated by the rules and regulations imposed on us by the sad old men who are supposed to represent us, we are destined to follow the path they have chosen for us.

you feel old because your spirit is not being allowed to flow.
...House music is the Essence...
..Breaks are the Backbone..
..Minimal is a Must..

http://kamikazesafety-tainment.blogspot.com/
Sphere42
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Sphere42 »

I've never been on any party dedicated to minimal sounds. But I love it anyways. It's giving me new, different, and special feelings.
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

I have an entirely different reason for not going out.

I live in Phoenix Arizona. Our entire party scene here focuses areound hardcore and happy hardcore. Occasionaly there will be a shitty underbudget stage for progressive, breaks, or dnb. I will not pay 30-40 dollars to hear one local dj I like on a horrible sound system with the Hardcore stages sound bleeding into the room . It simply is not worth it.

As for the clubs, the only ones that bring any real talent ever are in scottsdale and you pay thirty bucks to get in and about eight to ten dollars a drink. They are packed with trust kids and other rich snobs from scottsdale that judge you immediately by the brand of clothing you are wearing and what car you drive. On top of that the clubs almost exclusively play shitty electro house now. Before it was disco house, neither of which I like. About once every other month they will bring in a dj I actually want to see but they jack the door price up and the capacity for those clubs is around 800 tops so you cannot even walk in the place as they overpack it.

The end result is I occasionaly stop by a bar night playing breaks or dnb or house. Minimal techno or techno at all does not even really exist in this city of six million people. These bar nights are ussualy short lived and have no real sound system just a couple mackies or something. And ussualy attendance is very low so it's not all that exciting. But at least the prices are reasonable and ussualy the djs are better at them.
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

Man I have been lucky then, looks like there is still a lot of love for the free party seen in the US as oppose to how its viewed in the UK i guess.

During the summer its weekly large outdoor all night free parties, with absolutely no hassle from the 5-0, but this is northern california :)
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

livecollective wrote:but this is northern california :)
only the best. :)
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

I'm kind of torn on this subject because i still like going out. I had to force myself to stop.
There is a point when you make music that if you stay too connected to what's going on in a "scene" you will subconsciously try to emulated it making innovation near impossible. I'm not saying you should never go out to parties anymore though, don't neglect your friends. There is a social aspect of electronic music scenes around the world politically that iv seen poison the careers of some very good artists. Keep social politics and your music as far apart from each other as it's possible for you to do.
dyte
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dyte »

one thing i've noticed since getting a little older....i now have little intrest in going to large clubs/parties with loads of known dj's playing, used crave these nights.

now more drawn to nights where you know that the music's gonna be cool, good vibe, loads of friends there etc.

more about having fun that who/what/where