fck BEATPORT...

- open
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

livecollective wrote: Their business plan is to SHOVE as much music down your throat as possible while retaining little to no knowledge of half the music they sell.
Where can this be found/read?
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

patrick bateman wrote:
livecollective wrote: Their business plan is to SHOVE as much music down your throat as possible while retaining little to no knowledge of half the music they sell.

Wow you caught me, I have no idea what their business plan is in reality. Do you?

This is just the way I see it, and not once did I ever give the impression that I was right and they were wrong, just voicing my opinion.
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

i'm not too keen on beatport either
it's a big swamp of crap

but beatport is not the problem, people are

most dj's seem to want hyped throw-away music and don't make any effort to dig deeper for leftfield or deeper listening stuff
so beatport is the ideal portal for that and in part it's probably also laziness that keeps people coming back to Beatport, whereas there are other interesting shops like Bleep or Whatpeopleplay with a for more interesting selection

in the ideal world you would have more specialized digital shops where you could browse through the music you're actually looking for without having to bother with mindless crap

also, keep in mind that Beatport caters for a lot of hyped up kids who think techno is about dj charts of celebrities, so these people are not likely to explore other portals, let alone leftfield experimental
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

dsat wrote:i'm not too keen on beatport either
it's a big swamp of crap

most dj's seem to want hyped throw-away music and don't make any effort to dig deeper for leftfield or deeper listening stuff
so beatport is the ideal portal for that and in part it's probably also laziness that keeps people coming back to Beatport, whereas there are other interesting shops like Bleep or Whatpeopleplay with a for more interesting selection

in the ideal world you would have more specialized digital shops where you could browse through the music you're actually looking for without having to bother with mindless crap

also, keep in mind that Beatport caters for a lot of hyped up kids who think techno is about dj charts of celebrities, so these people are not likely to explore other portals, let alone leftfield experimental
We can all dream :)

You said what I was trying to say fairly eloquently.
diefenwald
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by diefenwald »

i will prefer shop where Perlon goes online....
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

livecollective wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:

Wow you caught me, I have no idea what their business plan is in reality. Do you?

This is just the way I see it, and not once did I ever give the impression that I was right and they were wrong, just voicing my opinion.
Okay, but if you know what kind of music/labels/artists you like, then why don't you just search for them on Beatport and ignore the crappy stuff the site offers?
habitueE
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by habitueE »

dsat wrote:i'm not too keen on beatport either
it's a big swamp of crap

but when they mature a bit, both in life and in their 'mentality in music' , chances are they will be more into the stuff you guys call leftfield or deeper listening stuff and eventually become one of your customers... so treasure them i'd say - oops, did i take that too far? :P
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

patrick bateman wrote:
livecollective wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:

Okay, but if you know what kind of music/labels/artists you like, then why don't you just search for them on Beatport and ignore the crappy stuff the site offers?
Beatport once started off small as well, so at some point it was classed as 'cutting edge'. Times have changed, the demand got higher and they have met the demand. Nothing wrong with that... Yes there is lots of sh!t, but I know the artists/labels I like and buy from so I just search for them, then look at what other people have bought etc... Beatport is like a maze, and sometimes you can come out the other end with a bag of goodies, sometimes not...its just like record shopping.