Broken beat minimal.

- ask away
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

indeed. tbh i never really liked it that much, was more than friends were involved in it and i was interested in the some of the production. but yeah, the wobble....uck!!!

wish it had wobbled all the way out of town 4 years ago.

shackleton is amazing though, like much of the good stuff it kinda transcends genre and classification.
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

^^

Sounds like you didn't inhale ;)

(and I don't mean literally).
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

the wobble got a bit worn out, but some wobble tracks were very special.

coki - 'earth a run red'

!!!

Couldn't listen to a whole set of it though.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

actually that track wasn't that much of a wobbler in the classic sense of the word.

still, wobble is definitely acceptable in small doses (imo)
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

AVX23 wrote:^^

Sounds like you didn't inhale ;)

(and I don't mean literally).

ha yeah, it was always more of an interest due to proximity than going out in the rain into dodgy places to find it. i went to a few nights and parties, heard the same tracks all the time, got bored, and found different things to do with my time.

i'd always promised myself i'd never get into wobble, while others around me where mainlining it.

wobble ruined many of my friends lives.

thats my story.
Sphere42
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Sphere42 »

wobble sickness.... interesting... :)

I have to admit like oblioblioblio said, wobble in small doses can do no harm.

I still don't understand why nobody (including me :) ) did not mentioned one of most interesting persons on dubstep scene.

Burial

Firstly I did not get it, it was just some random sounds to me, but when i heard Wounded from his first album, I gained little interest. Now I heard both albums. Hands down, second is better IMHO. I like the vocals, rhythms, overall production. He do not release too much stuff (but he said he usually work on tune for 2 days, and considering that he does all his tunes in SoundForge (no idea how), leads me to 23 albums per year :) ). And if you were wondering about who he actually is (yeah, he never released any PR, any photo, never mentioned name. Kode 9 was handling all his stuff), Burial recently gave up after some really wild speculations were done by some UK press (saying he's Fat Boy Slim, who the fck could wrote such a crap for christ sake???), and put photo of himself on his myspace page with some comment.
kwality
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by kwality »

Glad to hear the wobble is being hated on - it really is rubbish. Some other names you might dig are Scuba (the remixes that are floating around at the moment are insane), Spherix, Wagawaga, A made up sound (Peverelist side project) and Synkro. Plus you should download any mix by a guy called Roko (from Belgium) 'cos he's sick and regularly mixes good dubstep with really good minimal.

Oh, and you should definately download the new (free!) album from echodub.co.uk called 'anechoic chamber' - there's a lot of sounds on there that could count as minimal brokenbeat.

I'm really keen to hear more about your label Stevio, I think it sounds like a brilliant idea. Is it alright to send you beats?
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

theres a new kinda sub-branch that the shops (mainly hardwax) call technoid dubstep.

some (very) fine examples:

mille and andrea - gunshot (daphne 001)
martyn - vancouver (3024 002)

taking the beats from dubstep and the synths from dub techno, still occupies the b-sides of dubstep records but i perdonally find it more exciting..