Underrated and forgotten gear.......

- ask away
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

I remember seeing Orbital live once, they had at least 2 of those MMT8's running that I could recall. I have often thought how refreshing it might be to sequence away from a visual respresentation of the data. I doubt I'd do it but it's an interesting thought nonetheless.
trak660
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by trak660 »

AK wrote:I remember seeing Orbital live once, they had at least 2 of those MMT8's running that I could recall. I have often thought how refreshing it might be to sequence away from a visual respresentation of the data. I doubt I'd do it but it's an interesting thought nonetheless.
You have to create a little "piano roll" in your head. :lol:
Android
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Android »

I love my MMT-8's I still have both of them but I havent touched them since I got my MPC 1000, they still rock though!

I picked up a Quasimidi 309 the other day, its definitely fun!

I need to get one of those DP4's next
twisted-space
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by twisted-space »

Android wrote: I picked up a Quasimidi 309 the other day, its definitely fun!
They sound much better/more dynamic if you turn the part gains down (presets are all flat out) and if you have an expanded one try running the main outs into the inputs and back out of 3 & 4 (lets you have a global res filter :D )
Oh and an EA1 is brilliant for sequencing the 2 additional synth parts

My only complaint is the sequencer skips and hiccups if you try and change parts while in record mode or change songs in play mode and the fx are a bit crap.
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

Ok, check this out......
You guitar people might know about this one but it may be something new to some techno people.

Rocktron Intellifex

I have some special insight into these things. I used to work in quality control at the factory here outside of Detroit where they made these. All these years later i cannot find anything that has effects that sound as transparent as this box. The thing that's blowing my mind right now is how cheap you can find them used for and i know that these things are built like a tank and having a used one should be just as good as a new one. We sold so many of these fucking things that when the runs came through for Intellifex it would take us about a week straight just to run them through our section before they went to the warehouse. Brand new at the time i think they were selling for $1000 a peice. You should be able to find one now used for around $200.
The ones i was able to do quality control on more than any other one was the Intellifex LTD

Here's a tip if you're looking for these. Try to get a European CE one that was made to be shipped to europe. These ones have a copper foil coating on the inside of them to cut down on interference from other electronic stuff and sounded super clean. However if you get one that is an american model i can walk you through the process of coating them yourself.
Also if you can look for one that is an LTD model and look for a sticker that says "inspected by" CT because that's me :)