DjMAG Top 100 2008 The Results

- open
Krul
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Krul »

who ARE these people that listen to trance...?

seriously...
I don't know even ONE person that likes trance (and before you ask, yes I have lots of friends :p) so why the hell do these trancejocks keep dominating the charts?
BeatBoxBaby
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by BeatBoxBaby »

Krul wrote:who ARE these people that listen to trance...?

seriously...
I don't know even ONE person that likes trance (and before you ask, yes I have lots of friends :p) so why the hell do these trancejocks keep dominating the charts?
...I know some who like trance but I don't think they vote... :D
It's still strange though that the top 5 is always the same every year, even though at least a generation had to have pass since the domination of these exact 'trancejocks' has first developed, and all these people don't get tired of voting for the same persons so many times, without any change in their tastes... :roll:

...anyway... can I get your avatar in a larger pic. Could you please post it here for me? :D :D :D

...:::I Looove this Place:::...
Krul
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Krul »

BeatBoxBaby wrote:
Krul wrote:
...anyway... can I get your avatar in a larger pic. Could you please post it here for me? :D :D :D
:lol: sure

BeatBoxBaby
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by BeatBoxBaby »

THANK YOU!!! :P
hotpace
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hotpace »

seriously...
Children.

17 & 18 year olds just getting into the scene, getting their first decks, going out for the first time to a club, going to Ibiza for the first time, buying Mixmag, Dj Mag and the likes. Thats who.

My brother is 18. I'm 32. He grew up in the same house as me and so therefore has been ritually bombarded with everything from The Prodigy & rave in general back in the early 90's, through to the Jeff Mills/Plastikman/Claude Young/Surgeon hard loopy/minimal techno of the mid to late 90's. I left home in 99 but he has still heard the current crop of minimal and everything I listen to these days.

Who does he go out to see and buy mix CDs from?

Armin Van Buuren (or whatever he's called), Tiesto, Oakenfold and PVD!!

It really sickens me to my core that someone I'm related to has this bad taste! He, like most kids, thinks he knows it all and I'm an old idiot who doesn't understand youth culture! I always tell him and console myself by saying (and seriously hoping!) that he'll grow out of it and change his tastes like we all do. When I was his age I was listening to DJ Ratty and going to Fantazia's and Universe raves which I wouldn't have been into if I was 32 in 1991 instead of 15. I'm giving him only a year or two though to get some taste before I start kicking off with him cos by the age of 19 in 1995 I discovered Mills and everything changed!!
Harrison
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Harrison »

trance is gash
dj mag top 100 is gash

match made in heaven
BeatBoxBaby
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by BeatBoxBaby »

Harrison wrote:trance is gash
dj mag top 100 is gash

match made in heaven
To be exact "heaven". As far as I'm concerned a match made in Heaven goes like Loco Dice & Marco Carola back2back, or Marco with Ricardo... :D
minimim
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by minimim »

hotpace wrote:

seriously...
Children.

17 & 18 year olds just getting into the scene, getting their first decks, going out for the first time to a club, going to Ibiza for the first time, buying Mixmag, Dj Mag and the likes. Thats who.

My brother is 18. I'm 32. He grew up in the same house as me and so therefore has been ritually bombarded with everything from The Prodigy & rave in general back in the early 90's, through to the Jeff Mills/Plastikman/Claude Young/Surgeon hard loopy/minimal techno of the mid to late 90's. I left home in 99 but he has still heard the current crop of minimal and everything I listen to these days.

Who does he go out to see and buy mix CDs from?

Armin Van Buuren (or whatever he's called), Tiesto, Oakenfold and PVD!!

It really sickens me to my core that someone I'm related to has this bad taste! He, like most kids, thinks he knows it all and I'm an old idiot who doesn't understand youth culture! I always tell him and console myself by saying (and seriously hoping!) that he'll grow out of it and change his tastes like we all do. When I was his age I was listening to DJ Ratty and going to Fantazia's and Universe raves which I wouldn't have been into if I was 32 in 1991 instead of 15. I'm giving him only a year or two though to get some taste before I start kicking off with him cos by the age of 19 in 1995 I discovered Mills and everything changed!!
Let your brother listen to whatever he wants to and don't force him on nothing. ( friendly advice )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems noone cares about Dj mag , but meanwhile there are 3 pages related to this topic.

Dj Mag is distributed all over the world and has always been a big support on promoting electronic music in a lot of countries of east europe and elsewhere. And not just commerical bullshit.

I know most of you guys have the luxury to choose among various events on the weekend, but hey wide your view a little bit.

Regarding the poll, is very simple ... Vote or shut up.
It's ridiculous how hard we try.