Gaiser's LIVE ACT ! How ?

- ask away
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE wrote:hes propobly playing a pre-recorded mix; he must be, hes on a laptop.
:lol:
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

anizz wrote:
Kilevox wrote:no mouse !!!!!

really no mouse!

only the controller :!:
saw him tipping some stuff at the computer during his show
maybe he is clicking with the integrated laptop "mouse" but would be kinda slow if you compare his movement on the knobs where he is twisting like an idiot haha
he must use atleast fiew clics...
alex tomb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by alex tomb »

AVX23 wrote:It's possible to setup the controller to work as a loop select tool with live - it kinda works as an xy, you would say use one knob to scroll vertically, one to scroll horizonally, and one button to trigger clips - one to stop them, that way - in theory you'd only need two knobs and two buttons to control that aspect of a set.

I personally prefer to use the mouse to do that but I've seen others use it in the way I describe.
i found the midi map to scroll vertically with controller, but i cannot manage to scroll horizontally.which midi map is for scrolling horizontally? thanks
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

alex tomb wrote:
AVX23 wrote:It's possible to setup the controller to work as a loop select tool with live - it kinda works as an xy, you would say use one knob to scroll vertically, one to scroll horizonally, and one button to trigger clips - one to stop them, that way - in theory you'd only need two knobs and two buttons to control that aspect of a set.

I personally prefer to use the mouse to do that but I've seen others use it in the way I describe.
i found the midi map to scroll vertically with controller, but i cannot manage to scroll horizontally.which midi map is for scrolling horizontally? thanks
Good question, as I don't typically use it like this - it's hard to answer off the top of my head, but I did help someone solve that problem at a gig recently, I'd need to have live in front of me to say 100% but I'm sure we just set the control scheme to the controller we were using and then remapped it.

I'll have a play about later and unless someone else is able to help, I'll try and post a solution.
db2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by db2 »

I would very much like to know this as well.
AVX23 wrote:
alex tomb wrote:

Good question, as I don't typically use it like this - it's hard to answer off the top of my head, but I did help someone solve that problem at a gig recently, I'd need to have live in front of me to say 100% but I'm sure we just set the control scheme to the controller we were using and then remapped it.

I'll have a play about later and unless someone else is able to help, I'll try and post a solution.
wesen
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wesen »

You can't do it with midi map assign, but you can do it with most remote control surface scripts (for example for the faderfox controllers)
alex tomb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by alex tomb »

so jog wheel or xy pad?
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

saw it on a vid ... he is actually using the laptop integrated mouse
Last edited by upekah on Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.