i'm fed up... i beg you...

- ask away
re.vise
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by re.vise »

pheek wrote:At least i try to do other ideas...
Thats great man.. How is it selling? I need to eat as well.. Been producing some sleazy cheap house music for some while now.. Not really enjoying that, but hey.. Its give me something to eat and thats what I need.. Maybe not so much 'love for the bizz', but the love for experimenting and coming up with new stuff is still there.. Its just isnt enough for me to pay the bills.

That maybe explains why so many people turn into the standard-minimalist-microtonic-preset-808kickbasshihatsnare-producers.. Because it sells on beatport. I dont find that annoying..
re.vise
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by re.vise »

P.S.: I just discovered a very unique way of using a delay.. It is based on a algorithm troughout logical deduction. The VSTi is called; RichieWhoo? Here is a short demo.. I also added a John_Decay snare from the MinimalVSTi snare package.

Enjoy this new concept..
http://www.zshare.net/audio/170037209481bec6/
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

db2 wrote:What young little edm hipster doesn't dream of their demo getting accepted at m-nus?
Me:)

of course i wouldnt say no to an offer, but their not my taste. i only like some of magda's dj sets.
maybe its because theres no minimal nor techno scene here. only hip hop and commercial electro. that way i listen only to the music i realy like and not effected by the hype. BTW, with all the noise around minus, does anyone still realy consider them to be underground music?

of course i do have clicks and pops in my music, but its only a part of the rhythm, i dont base my music around it.
Jep Pheek.. You're so original. Let me hear some of your new idea-stuff! New, original, never been heard before.. Give it to me baby!
I dont think you can be original with sound design or when making drums and patterns and even chords progression and melodies. all were used in one way or another. but beeing original is the way you use the sound you have choosen. to have your own sound by choosing things the way you like it and not in the way your music will sound like gaiser.

try to listen to a whole diffrent genre for a week and than try to produce something. youll be so influenced by other things that you wouldnt look for those clicks.
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

re.vise wrote:
Thats great man.. How is it selling? I need to eat as well.. Been producing some sleazy cheap house music for some while now.. Not really enjoying that, but hey.. Its give me something to eat and thats what I need..
Yeah that's the difficult part. It doesn't always sell as much as the most accessible stuff but years after, i still love what i done (well, most of the time) and i'm more interested to make music for the long run than the short span of time. You know?

Actually, i'm into cheap house these days :lol:
re.vise
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by re.vise »

Awesome, maybe we can work together sometime. ;)
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

i'd like to add, that if you don't produce something else in fear of not getting money, you might just be missing the opportunity to build a new niche for yourself. People like Rich, Luciano and Ricardo were doing what they are doing now way before anyone gave it attention. At that time, their audience was very limited but it paid off very well as they're now leaders in what they do. I think dedication is important... 8)
S.D.L
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S.D.L »

re.vise wrote:
Thats great man.. How is it selling? I need to eat as well.. Been producing some sleazy cheap house music for some while now.. Not really enjoying that, but hey.. Its give me something to eat and thats what I need.. Maybe not so much 'love for the bizz', but the love for experimenting and coming up with new stuff is still there.. Its just isnt enough for me to pay the bills.

That maybe explains why so many people turn into the standard-minimalist-microtonic-preset-808kickbasshihatsnare-producers.. Because it sells on beatport. I dont find that annoying..
Making music doesn't pay the bills! Even if you're producing sleazy cheap house music. Maybe if you're producing top 40 stuff, but I take a little guess....., You're Not.

So stop your BSing and have some respect for Pheek!

I think Pheek is a to much of nice guy, because if I were him I would stand you corrected, in a not so nice way!
Krogsæter
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Krogsæter »

hmmm interesting topic, but im not sure what sound you guys are talkin about. ill probably know when i hear it thou. got any examples of a track using it?