No music in this town..

- open
go
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by go »

yeah, i get your point.. it just sceems at the moment everything is so neon and i dont understand why.
People are more interested in how there hair looks and how bright there t-shirt's are then the music..

whats that old saying?.. if u cant beat them join them?? haha fuk that!
Der geile Ami
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Der geile Ami »

go wrote:yeah, i get your point.. it just sceems at the moment everything is so neon and i dont understand why.
People are more interested in how there hair looks and how bright there t-shirt's are then the music..

whats that old saying?.. if u cant beat them join them?? haha fuk that!
exactly - be smart and package the musical concept into something appealing for the social crowd.

my american rave experiences were little about the music (north east raves had terrible music anyway) - never discount a social community
freeeeeee
Krul
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Krul »

tettezak wrote:
PsyTox wrote:sounds like you're living in Belgium. Apart from a few venues (Fuse, Silo, KozzMozz, Decadance) it's terrible here. With often stupid sht hapening like people asking to play "some beyonce" on a techno or minimal party.
And of course the country is infested with the plague called "jumpers". Also known as hardstyle. Kill! Destroy!
Hardstyle people would bitchslap you for this, those are 2 different styles! ;)
But yeah it's pretty bad in Belgium (and where I live, Bruges..)
I feel ya...
Still, lets have a little faith, if Holland can do it, so can we :lol:
Taylor Norris
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Taylor Norris »

Der geile Ami wrote:
exactly - be smart and package the musical concept into something appealing for the social crowd.
Like minus and "The Cube"...? :roll:
Yes...lots of ppl paid $45 at the door in Detroit and the place was packed but I heard so many poor reviews on the music. I dont give a fck about the hype.

It IS ABOUT THE MUSIC for me.

BTW...Richie's set at the festival was amazing. Magda was horrible. She was trainwreck after trainwreck. not little bobbles... HUGE WRECKS!! wtf?
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

All you have to do is move to a place that doesn't suck.
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

Torque wrote:All you have to do is move to a place that doesn't suck.
LOL No doubt.

I live in Phoenix AZ USA.

Theres about 7 million people in this city and guess how many people will show up for a minimal techno night? About 20-50.

We have a thriving scene but it is all kids and happy hardcore. There are two raves every single weekend and sometimes more. The problem is it is all hardcore and happy hardcore and the average age of attendance is 16.

Then we have clubs. Our clubs are all in the rich city of scottsdale in northeast phoenix. All the clubs play nothing but the cheesiest of electro house you have ever heard. Absolutelly horrible djs getting booked just because they play all the britney spears remixes and sh!t.

We have some house and breaks and drum and bass nights but they are all in tiny little bars that suck with shitty sound.

If you play minimal techno in one of the clubs the dancfloor clears. If you play it at a rave the dancefloor clears. If its not cheesy, full of anthems and familiar vst presets and going at a really fast bpm, the dancfloor clears.

7 MILLION FUCKING PEOPLE and noone has any musical taste. I dont really need to hear minimal everywhere but any good progressive or techno or even good ole house music would be such a breath of fresh air.

I would move in a heartbeat if all my family didn't live here.
adelaideperson
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by adelaideperson »

mildura population = approx 28,800, 545 km to melbourne, 417 km to adelaide, and 1012 km to sydney (and all the fluro and electro house you can handle)

:shock:
go
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by go »

adelaideperson wrote:mildura population = approx 28,800, 545 km to melbourne, 417 km to adelaide, and 1012 km to sydney (and all the fluro and electro house you can handle)

:shock:

hahah, someone has done there home work...